Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Members Rides-Showoff (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/)
-   -   Thoughts on my customized 14 GC Limited (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/thoughts-on-my-customized-14-gc-limited-74062.html)

kcardonne 04-15-2014 07:05 PM

Thoughts on my customized 14 GC Limited

3 Attachment(s)
Recently did some work on my jeep. Plasti dipped the wheels, tinted windows, vinyl wrapped tail light chrome pieces and chrome bumper bar, plasti dipped all the chrome on the front of the car as well. Any comments or suggestions!?

JeepGCOverland 04-15-2014 07:32 PM

Re: Thoughts on my customized 14 GC Limited

Change the grille inserts to the ones that come on the Overland, and get everything painted/wrapped in gloss black vinyl. Plasti-Dip looks cheap (at least the black, some of the metallic colors aren't as bad), in my opinion, but it is your Jeep so do what you want. Also, I would finish out blacking out the vehicle (mirrors and lettering on the side) if you are going to go that route.

Overall, it looks pretty good. Nice job! :thumbsup:

kcardonne 04-15-2014 08:15 PM

ironic how you say to vinyl everything haha. that was my original plan i ordered a bunch of it but i just don't have the skills to wrap those tough angles. i waisted so much vinyl on the grill inserts. eventually i would like to have it black gloss and carbon fiber, but for now since i don't have the skills needed I'm just going to have to hold the vinyl for a little longer. Really appreciate the response! Thanks

scooterha 04-16-2014 05:31 AM

You're just 30 minutes from Miami, take your Jeep to a reputable styling shop there and have everything done for you!

pinetar 04-16-2014 11:33 AM

I think it looks good. Definitely better than with all the chrome accents.

Although, I'm on board with the somewhat lackluster plasti dip quality. The flat black looks good from afar, but get within about a foot of it and you can see all the texture and imperfections. I just redid my front grill inserts and I was so careful, but a damn bug had to land on a wet portion of one insert and fu**ed the whole thing up, including the surrounding ones from having to redo the one. I will definitely be taking it to a vinyl wrapping professional next time.

The wrapped light bezels look good on yours though. Well done there.

Also +1 for the honeycomb Overland grill inserts. They upgrade the whole front-end styling.

bill_de 04-16-2014 11:40 AM

I think you did a good job ... even though I am old and love chrome. :)

I would like it even better with the front a rear "JEEP"s removed.

---

Srettew 04-18-2014 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcardonne (Post 1008171)
ironic how you say to vinyl everything haha. that was my original plan i ordered a bunch of it but i just don't have the skills to wrap those tough angles. i waisted so much vinyl on the grill inserts. eventually i would like to have it black gloss and carbon fiber, but for now since i don't have the skills needed I'm just going to have to hold the vinyl for a little longer. Really appreciate the response! Thanks

willing to sell your vinyl? Gloss black?