Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Tech Tips DIY/How To (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f75/)
-   -   Tilt Alarm (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f75/tilt-alarm-74112.html)

Barry C. 04-17-2014 01:56 AM

Tilt Alarm

Hi: I have a December 2011 (2012 model) Grand Cherokee CRD. I will be putting it on a ferry shortly, does anyone know if the GC has a tilt/anti-towing feature of the alarm system and if it has, how do I disable that part of the system so that it doesn't go off should the boat rock and roll?
:confused:

spazmoid 03-26-2015 02:14 PM

Re: Tilt Alarm

Did you ever find a solution to this ?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

Hemi2 04-14-2015 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry C. (Post 1008707)
Hi: I have a December 2011 (2012 model) Grand Cherokee CRD. I will be putting it on a ferry shortly, does anyone know if the GC has a tilt/anti-towing feature of the alarm system and if it has, how do I disable that part of the system so that it doesn't go off should the boat rock and roll?
:confused:

You're joking, right?? Geesh . . . :o

Barboots 04-14-2015 09:14 AM

Isn't the alarm going off quite possible on rough waters Hemi2? It only takes a few pumps of the trolley jack to set off the alarm in my MY14 Overland... I'm guessing it's the same system MY11-13, more or less.

So you'll have to elaborate about what "you're joking" means... if anything.

Cheers,
Steve

spazmoid 04-14-2015 10:24 AM

Mercedes have had an anti-tow alarm for years. They also have a button you push to turn it off if you plan on trailering, lifting, or transporting it on a truck or ferry. No joking there.....
Barboots, do you know how to disable it if possible?

Hemi2 04-14-2015 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barboots (Post 1170691)
Isn't the alarm going off quite possible on rough waters Hemi2? It only takes a few pumps of the trolley jack to set off the alarm in my MY14 Overland... I'm guessing it's the same system MY11-13, more or less.

So you'll have to elaborate about what "you're joking" means... if anything.

Cheers,
Steve

The Jeep alarm is activated when the interior light turns on from opening a door or the lift gate. There are NO anti-shift, anti-lift, tire-stealing, motion sensing, trolley-jacking sensors on the 2014 Jeep Overland! OK?? :lol:

spazmoid 04-14-2015 08:12 PM

What a condescending douche. Thanks for ruining the stereotype that all Canadians are nice, friendly people.

Barboots 04-14-2015 08:31 PM

You are wrong Hemi2... I can assure you that some of the factory alarms have tilt. Twice my car has scared the living crap out of me as I started a wheel swap. I now leave the car switched to Accessory... which unfortunately isn't a solution for transport.

Spazmoid I wonder if leaving the car in Accessory and then locking the car would work? It's obviously not ideal for a long ferry trip...

Cheers,
Steve

Barboots 04-14-2015 08:41 PM

Spazmoid I just recalled something I read here... I've never got it to work... it was to do with pressing the keyfob lock button 3 times after looking or something. This would allegedly disable the alarm.

It certainly didn't turn off the ultrasonic movement sensors on mine... my dog still hasn't forgiven me!

Cheers,
Steve

Barboots 04-15-2015 12:28 AM

Actually I think I just got it to work.
- Lock the car (I used the keyfob)
- Look at the dash there's a red light flashing
- Press the keyfob lock button three times in quick succession
- Note if the red light burns solid
- Test

I've left the sunroof open. Usually it'll alarm after a while if I do that.

Cheers,
Steve

Hemi2 04-15-2015 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barboots (Post 1170924)
You are wrong Hemi2... I can assure you that some of the factory alarms have tilt. Twice my car has scared the living crap out of me as I started a wheel swap. I now leave the car switched to Accessory... which unfortunately isn't a solution for transport.

Spazmoid I wonder if leaving the car in Accessory and then locking the car would work? It's obviously not ideal for a long ferry trip...

Cheers,
Steve

Not in North America! Downunder may be a different story, who knows?? :sleepy:

Hemi2 04-15-2015 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spazmoid (Post 1170911)
What a condescending douche. Thanks for ruining the stereotype that all Canadians are nice, friendly people.

Really? 3 posts & you're name calling? :slapfight: No stereotyping . . . Canucks ARE the nicest, friendliest people you will ever meet! :thumbsup: