Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f162/)
-   -   So long SRT8 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f162/so-long-srt8-74118.html)

BTTWMT 04-17-2014 07:59 AM

So long SRT8

After several issues with my 2012 SRT 8 i have let it go. Front bumper popping out, vibration and shake in the front right wheel, exhaust noise (not mds) brakes squealing, trans mis shifting, ventillated seats not working properly, radio issues etc.... it was hard to do but the dealer not stepping up to the plate to address the issues was the last straw. They said it was all normal???? Extremely displeased with Jeep. Will never buy another chrysler product again.

bill_de 04-17-2014 08:51 AM

Re: So long SRT8

So I guess your first post will be your last. :rolleyes:

---

SRTBLK 04-17-2014 07:45 PM

sorry you had such a bad experience, never had any major issues with any of my chrysler products and will continue to support them....now finding a great dealership (they are out there, i am extremely happy with mine) is a whole other topic....

ENFORCER 04-18-2014 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTTWMT (Post 1008773)
After several issues with my 2012 SRT 8 i have let it go. Front bumper popping out, vibration and shake in the front right wheel, exhaust noise (not mds) brakes squealing, trans mis shifting, ventillated seats not working properly, radio issues etc.... it was hard to do but the dealer not stepping up to the plate to address the issues was the last straw. They said it was all normal???? Extremely displeased with Jeep. Will never buy another chrysler product again.

Cool Story Bro ;)

BTTWMT 04-18-2014 05:16 AM

The one thing that I can say was a very good experience was the Garage forum. Always good information and good people on here. I will continue to remain on the forum due to me still owning a 2002 Grand Cherokee and 2002 Liberty (Which I have not had any problems with!!). Thank you to all on here that gave me advice as I always appreciate it.

Bustanuddz 04-19-2014 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTTWMT (Post 1009235)
The one thing that I can say was a very good experience was the Garage forum. Always good information and good people on here. I will continue to remain on the forum due to me still owning a 2002 Grand Cherokee and 2002 Liberty (Which I have not had any problems with!!). Thank you to all on here that gave me advice as I always appreciate it.

Wow, sounds like the same experience I had with my 2006 srt jeep.

I guess I am just a sucker though. I am soon going to get a 2012 and try it again. I said the same thing as you back in 2008 when I got rid of mine. I can only hope that my experience will be better. I guess I have come to expect that the service experience will be bad and the quality will not be as good.

The only thing calling me back is the raw acceleration and the fact that I dont have to drive it every day. I honestly wish there was something better offered in my price range.
But nobody else is making anything quite like the jeep srt which has most of what I want.

Either way, what did you replace it with?

HAMMMERHEAD 05-09-2014 12:29 PM

You're not the only one. Jeep owners are as loyal as they come and I too tried to put up with the laundry list of issues my '12 had also. I would rather be driving a Jeep than anything else, but after 9 months and I had to cut mine loose too. I think in the 14's have a little better track record and I hope the next couple of models they come out with will only get better.