Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Samsung Galaxy S5 Bluetooth Connection Problem (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/samsung-galaxy-s5-bluetooth-connection-problem-74179.html)

bdavis171 04-19-2014 01:52 AM

Samsung Galaxy S5 Bluetooth Connection Problem

I got the S5 last week, paired it to my 14' JGC with no problems. It worked for 3-4 days, then randomly stopped the next time I got in the car. I deleted my phone from the UConnect and tried to re-pair the bluetooth. It says the UConnect is not responding on my S5 when pairing. Any tips or ideas? Thanks.

silvermax04 04-19-2014 08:09 AM

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Bluetooth Connection Problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdavis171 (Post 1009580)
I got the S5 last week, paired it to my 14' JGC with no problems. It worked for 3-4 days, then randomly stopped the next time I got in the car. I deleted my phone from the UConnect and tried to re-pair the bluetooth. It says the UConnect is not responding on my S5 when pairing. Any tips or ideas? Thanks.

try to delete the pairing reboot your phone and then try pairing again. phones can get wacked out just like computers and power cycle helps sometimes.

bdavis171 04-19-2014 01:26 PM

I tried that with no success...it appears as though its a problem with the UConnect system. Does anyone else have the S5?

14SummitHemi 04-19-2014 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdavis171 (Post 1009658)
I tried that with no success...it appears as though its a problem with the UConnect system. Does anyone else have the S5?

No, but I am trying to decide between the S5 and the HTC One M8....hmm, strike two for the S5. Strike one is no Google Play Edition for S5 yet...hmmm

smoran32 04-21-2014 12:09 PM

I just purchased the S5 and I was able to get the phone connected to my Uconnect, but it is not functioning properly. It doesnt read text messages or advises when a message has come in. Hopefully someone has an answer for this.

Evgeshais300 04-21-2014 02:50 PM

I'll just leave this here : MOTO X

1 month with Jeep and it pairs and works every time.

I stream music from Moto X via BT all the time both local(5gb of music on moto x) and Pandora.
Controls work perfectly and all tags are displayed correctly (even for my russian music)

+ SMS details:

My 8.4AN/RA4 is running 14.05.3
My Moto X is running 4.4.2 on Verizon.
Hangouts is main SMS app with stock messaging app disabled.

I can confirm that messaging works. Uconnect reads my incoming SMS just fine and announces who it came from. I can also reply via voice or pre-populated quick replies.

Now few odd things:
1. When replying to SMS for contacts that have multiple phone numbers stored Uconnect replies to wrong number. ex: SMS came from my wife's iphone, Uconnect replied to her work BB or even to her work land line. Resolved it by splitting contacts, or by manually sending new SMS to correct number.

2. Whenever I use Uconnect to send SMS, on my Moto X in hangouts, SMS shows as sent twice. Interestingly only 1 sms is received on the other end. No big deal I guess.

Tarponbeach 04-21-2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdavis171 (Post 1009658)

Try going into "Applications", then "Bluetooth", then clear the Bluetooth cache.

If that doesn't work, try downloading "Bluetooth Auto Connect" from the Play Store. That's the only way I could get my S3 to connect. My current S4 works fine without it, so Samsung must have changed something in the Bluetooth stack. Hopefully, they didn't mess with it on the S5.

The_Honeywagon 04-21-2014 09:14 PM

I have the S5 and am having the same issues. How do I clear the Bluetooth cache?

Tarponbeach 04-21-2014 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Honeywagon (Post 1010600)
I have the S5 and am having the same issues. How do I clear the Bluetooth cache?

Settings»»»»»Applications»»»»»»»Bluetooth Share»»»»»»»»Clear Cache, Clear Data

The_Honeywagon 04-21-2014 10:23 PM

Thanks

bdavis171 04-22-2014 07:48 AM

Tried connecting yesterday with an Iphone, I recieved the same message "Unable to communicate with Uconnect". Sounds like it might be my Uconnect system, I'll be calling the dealer today. It was working perfectly the first couple of days, including messaging. We will see.

srqsteelblue 04-29-2014 12:28 PM

I have a S5 I'm using with a 2014 grand cherokee. Try deleting the s5 from your settings on uconnect. Then delete the uconnect from the s5. You should be able to reinstall the s5 to uconnect. My s5 doesn't always connect . A easy fix...... Tap the phone icon, tap s5, tap connect - sprout icon. This should fix the problem. My s3 did the same thing. No need to remove the s5 after getting it to reinstall, just reconnect.

Sent from my iPad using JeepGarage