Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   2015 bug free...? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/2015-bug-free-74306.html)

RECDOG 04-22-2014 07:12 PM

2015 bug free...?

Sup GUys,

Im looking to get back into a GC Limited 5.7 come 2015 order year..

Are you guys thinking most of the electrical and transmision bugs should be worked out on the 15's.

I had a first production 14 limited and it was riddled with tansmission and electrical issues.,,sold it ,,, but really miss having a Jeep GC :l

So I have my hopes / eye on ordering a 15...:confused:

Honestly I know its a Jeep lovers forum,,but whats does youe gut tell you..lol

I want other opinions other than my own

Cheers

silvermax04 04-22-2014 07:44 PM

Re: 2015 bug free...?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RECDOG (Post 1011119)
Sup GUys,

Are you guys thinking most of the electrical and transmision bugs should be worked out on the 15's.

I had a first production 14 limited and it was riddled with tansmission and electrical issues.,,sold it ,,, but really miss having a Jeep GC :l

Cheers

The 15s should have fewer issues than the early build 14s but they will never be "bug free". early 14s had their share of various software issues a year later some are having issues with the seals on the CV boots of the late 14s breaking and throwing the grease all over the underside of the vehicle. The 15s will probably have some other unforeseen issue. If you are waiting for them to be problem free get use to walking lol

JeepGCOverland 04-22-2014 08:42 PM

Quote:

Sup GUys,

Cheers

What happened to your 2014 SRT?

The 2015s will not be "bug-free", as no vehicle is, but it would be reasonable to expect them to have less issues than the 2014s.

Dan JGC 04-22-2014 08:58 PM

Quote:

Sup GUys,

Cheers

My 2014 Summit has no electrical or transmission issues (3/2014 build)....I do have the CV joint boot clamp problem which is a really dumb mistake, but hey, once that is fixed, I will be loving my new GC again. I wouldn't worry about those early 2014 concerns, Jeep just needs to tighten up on their QC more to really make us all proud.

muzhik 04-22-2014 09:57 PM

I sure hope so! I'm looking forward to my first bug-free vehicle since a couple of years ago. But then again, I'm an American moving back home from Russia. "Bug free" may mean something different to me... :D

RECDOG 04-22-2014 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepGCOverland (Post 1011147)
What happened to your 2014 SRT?

The 2015s will not be "bug-free", as no vehicle is, but it would be reasonable to expect them to have less issues than the 2014s.

LOL I wasn't even going to mention my SRT ...long story But between the 700$ plus payment and I lost my take home car from work..meaning I had to commute to Manhattan with my SRT,,,I sold her..no loss for money I got what I paid.

But I do still love the Jeep GC hence wanting to get back into one....a lil exp than my srt :)

yea, I guess they will never be "bug free" but im hoping the build quality starts to improve

polizei 04-23-2014 04:18 AM

I was kind of in the same boat...get a 14' or wait for the 15's...I chose to order a 14' because I didn't want to wait for the 15's and I believe (from what I've read), most of the issues are ironed out in the late-build 14's.

But...the order bank already closed, so if I were you, I would just wait for a 15', unless you can find a newer build with your specs on the lot...might be cheaper too!

RECDOG 04-23-2014 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polizei (Post 1011235)
I was kind of in the same boat...get a 14' or wait for the 15's...I chose to order a 14' because I didn't want to wait for the 15's and I believe (from what I've read), most of the issues are ironed out in the late-build 14's.

But...the order bank already closed, so if I were you, I would just wait for a 15', unless you can find a newer build with your specs on the lot...might be cheaper too!

Yea im gonna wait ...when can you usuallu order the next year? in the fall?

Impy5 04-23-2014 04:38 PM

Order banks open in June I believe with September delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage