Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   New member (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/new-member-74327.html)

dogman72 04-23-2014 05:50 PM

I'm looking at a 2014 GCL, I've read some nasty reviews, now I'm having second thoughts. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

SNUKE 04-23-2014 07:03 PM

Re: New member

Don’t buy one.
I think you will find people that on a Jeep based forum hate Jeeps with a passion, and will always advise against buying one.

I know that is an ass of an answer, but seriously, you are asking a user base if you should buy a product they all use. That is like walking into a democratic convention and asking if you should become a democrat.
As for the nasty reviews, you will find those for every single car if you look hard enough.
I have had one for 5 months. Would I recommend someone to buy one. Sure if it suits there needs.

dogman72 04-23-2014 07:19 PM

Thanks for the reply, I probably worded it wrong. I'm not looking for negative feedback, I guess I'm looking for positive feedback about it. Hope this makes sense...

Racer83L 04-23-2014 07:47 PM

I have owned 3 in my lifetime, 1994 ZJ (still own it) 2001 WJ (loved it, but sold it) and a 2014 Grand Cherokee Altitude.. LOVE IT.

I think you should buy one, unless you live next door to me then dont.

(My next door neighbor bought one after I did in the same color but different trim level)

philbytx 04-23-2014 07:48 PM

This is our first Jeep.....and we LOVE it!
1650 trouble free miles so far......16 of which were very off road in Big Bend National Park (see my earlier owner trip report!).

We are taking it on a 4000 mile road trip this coming weekend out to CA via NM, AZ and UT. Visiting a bunch of National Parks on the way through and going over the Sierras. As you can see, we are VERY confident about the vehicle!

FYI - I'm 67 years old and owned a bunch of great cars in my life but, hand on heart, this Jeep I REALLY like!!

Forums such as thing will generally give you all the "Dirt" from owners with issues, which is great for research. However, it is true that most owners don't put "I have no problems with my car" posts on forums. :lol:

Go to any forum on the Internet and you will find owners with issues.

I did my research and don't regret our purchase one bit.

04JGCLMTD47 04-23-2014 08:15 PM

Sometimes gotta take the good with the bad if you want something bad enough. Depends on how much you really like it. Every issue I've ever had with my Wk2's has been resolved through warranty. Sure, it sucks to have to take it to the dealer when it shouldn't have been an issue to begin with. I usually get updates and free new parts on the brighter side of things.
I love my Jeeps and just deal with it. :)

dubwarren 04-23-2014 08:50 PM

I'd buy my jeep again if I had the choice.....I'm a bottom line kind of guy.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

vzwman 04-23-2014 09:54 PM

I myself have owned several Jeep Grand Cherokee's as of 1992. I leased my first 3 and them I bought the next ones. At this time I own 3 Jeep Grand Cherokee's. My 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited has 178,000 miles on it with the 4.7L HO engine. It has never given any trouble. Does not use a drop of oil and runs like new. I have always done the maintenance on it. My other one is a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with the V6 engine. It has 46,000 miles on it and has never given any problems. I bought a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland with the 5.7L Hemi engine and took it in for an oil change with 3000 miles on it. While I was at the dealership I wanted to drive the new 2104 Overland with new 8 speed transmission. After I drove it I left the 2013 Overland with them and bought the 2014 Overland. The difference in the transmissions sold me. I never liked the transmission in my 2013 Overland from day one because it lugged so bad and low speeds. I love Jeeps myself and I don't think you can go worry with getting one.:)

HaydenHunter 04-23-2014 11:12 PM

Have loved our problem free 2014 V6 JGC Limited, bought in November 2013. 5K+ miles on it now. We have harsh winters up in the Idaho Panhandle and in the places we travel to. My wife loves her stud winter luxury car.

This car replaced a 1997 JGC V8 bought by us in 1999. Had 190K miles when we got rid of it and it ran strong. Over the 15 years that we owned it, we replaced a fuel pump, radiator and tranny. Still way cheaper than buying new cars. My wife felt supremely confident in any weather in that rig...just like she does now. But oh boy, is the new GC ever plush compared to the old one!

Don't overthink this. If you like the way the Jeep looks and performs, buy one and enjoy it.

dogman72 04-24-2014 06:33 AM

Thank you to all that posted, I'm sold. I really like this vehicle, it has it all in one package. I'll keep every one posted. Thanks again.

Marty K 04-24-2014 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogman72 (Post 1011523)
I'm looking at a 2014 GCL, I've read some nasty reviews, now I'm having second thoughts. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Hi dogman72, I've done some lengthy and extensive research on the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee (and other "like" vehicles) and nearly all of the Jeep Reviews that I've read in Magazines, Newspapers and on the Internet have been nothing but very complimentary.

Through my research I've noticed that there are a lot of "haters" out there who have no experience with Jeeps, however they still perpetuate the old unreliability stories of Jeeps gone by, and don't seem to "let go" of that outdated stigma.

I'll be purchasing a Jeep Grand Cherokee later this year, as I am "sold" too :) I'm sure that I won't be disappointed :thumbsup:

AAAA 04-24-2014 08:20 AM

Just Do It!