Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Electronic Cutouts on WK2 SRT (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/electronic-cutouts-on-wk2-srt-74352.html)

CLStech 04-24-2014 11:21 AM

Electronic Cutouts on WK2 SRT

Are there any objections or worries concerning adding cutouts on a SRT Jeep with stock exhuast? This would be most likely just for sound...

-Where would they be located? ( before the middle suitcase muffler or after befor the resonators?)

jim383 04-24-2014 12:08 PM

Re: Electronic Cutouts on WK2 SRT

To get max performance benefit (IF ANY) they need to go b4 the cats but just for noise they can go b4 the suitcase mufflers.

phillysrt 04-24-2014 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLStech (Post 1011795)
Are there any objections or worries concerning adding cutouts on a SRT Jeep with stock exhuast? This would be most likely just for sound...

-Where would they be located? ( before the middle suitcase muffler or after befor the resonators?)

yooo man... i just did cutouts this weekend to the rig... first off they sound incredible!!!!! like wow!!!! words dont describe what it sounds like. i installed mine right before the cats... there is a little opening and we did it there... i cut the hole... welded the cutouts into the pipe and then hooked it up... the battery is right underneath the passenger seat so i ran it right up through there for the wiring. now i have a borla on mine but the sound and the power when your at WOT from a roll is remarkable!!!! ill be getting a sound clip soon and ill post it. but for the 500 bucks that it costs to get the cut outs (i used QTP cutouts) the money is definitely worth it and very easy for install.

CLStech 04-24-2014 03:45 PM

Nice! Looking forward to some pics and vids!

phillysrt 04-24-2014 03:47 PM

Coming soon!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

SRTBLK 04-24-2014 07:25 PM

surprised no one has done this yet until now....in for updates.

lillyjas 04-24-2014 07:32 PM

I would be in for this... The dodge ram srt custom has this option... So it should work on the jeep

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/exhaus...horsepower.htm

Sent from my iPad using JeepGarage

mrmaker 04-25-2014 05:18 AM

Looking forward to the vid Dom. Would placing before cats throw cels?

phillysrt 04-25-2014 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmaker (Post 1012171)
Looking forward to the vid Dom. Would placing before cats throw cels?

i have had the cutouts now on for a week and i havent thrown any codes or had any issues.... ill tell you what though.. open the cutouts and stand by your car for a minute..... smells like pure gas hahaha

but i am completely pleased with how it turned out... they are awesome... the best part about it is that you can go back to your normal exhaust whenever you want. it isnt something that you constantly have to deal with you know.... its really the best of both worlds.

Bustanuddz 04-25-2014 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillysrt (Post 1012257)
i have had the cutouts now on for a week and i havent thrown any codes or had any issues.... ill tell you what though.. open the cutouts and stand by your car for a minute..... smells like pure gas hahaha

but i am completely pleased with how it turned out... they are awesome... the best part about it is that you can go back to your normal exhaust whenever you want. it isnt something that you constantly have to deal with you know.... its really the best of both worlds.

Please try to get a photo with the video too. I am Soooooooo looking forward to the video. I plan to do the same thing with my wk2SRT when I get it.

Im hoping that it sounds similar if not better than this 300

specifically what I am looking for is at about 1:28 minutes
300c SRT-8 on 24's with CUTOUTS!!! WoW - YouTube">300c SRT-8 on 24's with CUTOUTS!!! WoW - YouTube" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

phillysrt 04-25-2014 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bustanuddz (Post 1012368)
Please try to get a photo with the video too. I am Soooooooo looking forward to the video. I plan to do the same thing with my wk2SRT when I get it.

Im hoping that it sounds similar if not better than this 300

specifically what I am looking for is at about 1:28 minutes
300c SRT-8 on 24's with CUTOUTS!!! WoW - YouTube">300c SRT-8 on 24's with CUTOUTS!!! WoW - YouTube" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

ya i will definitely get pics and a sound clip!!!

as for the sound of the 300... mine doesnt even come close to that hahahah.... man this thing is Fing LOUDDDDDDDD haha

Bustanuddz 04-25-2014 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillysrt (Post 1012371)
ya i will definitely get pics and a sound clip!!!

as for the sound of the 300... mine doesnt even come close to that hahahah.... man this thing is Fing LOUDDDDDDDD haha

Well, I am mostly looking for the bass. I Love the old school big block sound. That video is about as close as I can find to my ideal sound. I dont really want the crazy loudness but with cutouts you can have it whatever way you like. I will be grabbing some pop corn and anxiously awaiting the video:D