Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Darcars Jeep in Rockville MD- terrible!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/darcars-jeep-in-rockville-md-terrible-74455.html)

Vrrooom 04-27-2014 12:18 PM

Darcars Jeep in Rockville MD- terrible!!

3 Attachment(s)
If I could give this place 0 stars, I would. I'm posting this on a Sunday with my soon to be fiancée and me extremely upset as were supposed to be leaving in 2 days to get married, and here's why-

I set up an appointment for service- a simple oil change. I'm told to be in at 9 to drop off my car. I get in at 9 and wait until 940 before they finally check me in. Not because it's busy, there were 3 other people there. They check me in and send me on my way at 10am.

Enterprise comes and picks me up and says "they do this ALL the time... Make sure you check your car for damage before you leave." Not reassuring at all.

I pick up my car, they couldn't find my paperwork. I wait another 30 minutes and they find it, I pay, another 15 minutes for my car to arrive. Again, not because of a line.

Now to the really bad stuff- I walk to my car and see a huge oil slick under my car. I inspect further and the whole underside is soaked. The underside plastic cover was half hanging because 5 of the tabs and 1 screw to hold it in is missing. The oil drain plug looks cross threaded... And is leaking oil.

So my brand new Jeep that's ticketed at $50,000 goes for its first oil change and it's cost me 2 hours just in waiting, an oil soaked under carriage, missing tabs to secure the parts and who knows how much longer in going back to have them rectify this. Not to mention if I didn't notice the oil slick and left on our trip. Stranded on the side of the highway on our way to get married?

I'm extremely pissed at the poor service and horrendous quality of work. All this on an oil change... this is terrible. Please do not support businesses like this.

Attachment 38764
Attachment 38765
Attachment 38766

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

NYCardinal 04-27-2014 01:34 PM

Re: Darcars Jeep in Rockville MD- terrible!!

Criswell is typically a better option, at least they have been in my experience.

DARCARS is awful.

SW03ES 04-27-2014 05:22 PM

I've not been thrilled with Criswell either. Ordered parts, never contacted me to tell me the parts were in, surly people. I actually went to Darcars in Rockville from Criswell and preferred it. I rolled in there with no A/C when we were leaving the next day, Criswell said the part had to be ordered, would take 10 days (meaning we would not have been able to take the Jeep on our trip). Darcars had one and replaced it in an hour (the HVAC control panel).

The latest time I waited an inordinately long period of time for them to bring it around I agree. Are the service guys still working out of that trailer due to the construction?

Unfortunately...I haven't found any Jeep dealer in our area I like.

silvermax04 04-27-2014 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vrrooom (Post 1013032)
If I could give this place 0 stars, I would. I'm posting this on a Sunday with my soon to be fiancée and me extremely upset as were supposed to be leaving in 2 days to get married, and here's why-

I set up an appointment for service- a simple oil change. I'm told to be in at 9 to drop off my car. I get in at 9 and wait until 940 before they finally check me in. Not because it's busy, there were 3 other people there. They check me in and send me on my way at 10am.

Enterprise comes and picks me up and says "they do this ALL the time... Make sure you check your car for damage before you leave." Not reassuring at all.

I pick up my car, they couldn't find my paperwork. I wait another 30 minutes and they find it, I pay, another 15 minutes for my car to arrive. Again, not because of a line.

Now to the really bad stuff- I walk to my car and see a huge oil slick under my car. I inspect further and the whole underside is soaked. The underside plastic cover was half hanging because 5 of the tabs and 1 screw to hold it in is missing. The oil drain plug looks cross threaded... And is leaking oil.

So my brand new Jeep that's ticketed at $50,000 goes for its first oil change and it's cost me 2 hours just in waiting, an oil soaked under carriage, missing tabs to secure the parts and who knows how much longer in going back to have them rectify this. Not to mention if I didn't notice the oil slick and left on our trip. Stranded on the side of the highway on our way to get married?

I'm extremely pissed at the poor service and horrendous quality of work. All this on an oil change... this is terrible. Please do not support businesses like this.

Attachment 38764
Attachment 38765
Attachment 38766

Perfect example of why I change my oil myself, I can do it in 20 minutes or waste a half day off work to go through an hours long fiasco and get something back looking like that. I don't do it to save money, its to save time and have piece of mind, but I can do a full synthetic change for $45 and what they would probably charge $100 for. Its just piece of mind instead of letting fools like that do a crappy job with shit hang off the bottom of your 50k GC. Also when you see work like that who knows what they put in for oil did you get the 5w20 you were supposed to get?? people like that probably filled it with vegetable oil.

jp467 04-27-2014 10:44 PM

I guess some of these dealer suck bad. In Michigan most Chrysler dealers have an express lane for oil changes and you just wait 45 minutes for it to be completed. Is this not the case at dealers in other states?

Dan JGC 04-27-2014 11:22 PM

What? I don't understand. You got a rental car for an oil change? It take like 20 minutes.

Vrrooom 04-28-2014 07:07 AM

They do have an express lane for oil changes, but I have a diesel and the oil change takes longer. They said the car had to be dropped off. With the diesel being so new, I also didn't want to go to a jiffy lube type place. I'm more of a DIY but for the purpose of having at least the first one in the Jeep dealer database and being very busy with other items, I opted to take it to the local dealer.

Sent from my iPad using JeepGarage

Evolv0 04-28-2014 09:03 AM

I have never even heard of DARCARS .. but I will make sure everyone I know will stay away.. I am truly sorry that this has happened ... This is one of the many reasons I do my own work on my vehicles. unless its warranty work from Chrysler.

SW03ES 04-28-2014 06:12 PM

If you're looking for a good quick lube place locally, I'd look to these guys:

The Lube Center | Home | TLC - Oil Change & Lube Services - Automotive Maintenance

There's one up by Rio off of Sam Eig Hwy. Everybody is very nice, professional, transparent (you can stand there and watch), management of this particular company seems to actually care about the quality of what they do...which is obviously more than you can say for Darcars. Quick in and out...very pleased.

jp467 04-28-2014 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SW03ES (Post 1013650)
If you're looking for a good quick lube place locally, I'd look to these guys:

The Lube Center | Home | TLC - Oil Change & Lube Services - Automotive Maintenance

There's one up by Rio off of Sam Eig Hwy. Everybody is very nice, professional, transparent (you can stand there and watch), management of this particular company seems to actually care about the quality of what they do...which is obviously more than you can say for Darcars. Quick in and out...very pleased.

Do they use the Mopar filter?

SW03ES 04-28-2014 09:03 PM

They use aftermarket filters, but you could always bring your own mopar filter if you wanted to

Vrrooom 04-28-2014 09:13 PM

So to be fair, I wanted to post the resolution as well-

On Sunday I also called the dealer and asked for the GSM. I spoke with him and he was sympathetic to my situation and mentioned it was unacceptable. Asked the pertinent information and if I could bring it in the next morning.

I showed up at 830am and asked for the Service Manager. He was aware of the situation, took my info and had another gentleman get me a rental car. Although I was disappointed that he wasn't really caring about it and did so in a very neutral "let's process this and get it over with" attitude and didn't apologize. When I said this is really bad he simply said "I agree it is unacceptable" and kept on typing. So anyway I leave, get a call around 4pm, car was ready. I go to the dealership and I was greeted by my normal service advisor who explained the problem as a faulty oil filter. I questioned it a bit and he simply pointed to the text on the paper, but he was polite. Needless to say didn't answer my question to the problem. I asked about the missing tabs and he simply responded "we put new ones". And then mentioned that they cleaned the underside and they also detailed the exterior and interior of the vehicle. They did a great job with this part and I was appreciative of the extra effort.

So I can't be mad that they didn't resolve my issue effectively, but I am still a little upset that I felt I had to go out of my way for them to resolve it and they weren't apologetic about the situation. I feel that they should have offered something more- such as maybe your next service is on us, but I did get the free cleaning (although it was raining and got dirty the second I drove away), the effort still counts. And most importantly I feel this shouldn't have happened in the first place.