Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Overland leather dash issues (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/overland-leather-dash-issues-74575.html)

imissedtheapex 04-30-2014 02:55 PM

Overland leather dash issues

Hi folks,

I just picked up a very lightly used (manager's car) overland and upon bringing it home noticed there is about an 8 inch long air bubble where the leather has come unglued from the dash. It's right behind the instrument cluster binacle. Has anyone had any issues with this? Taking it for a warranty repair but I'm afraid they'll have to take the whole dash apart and then the car will creak and rattle after they put it back together.

This is my first jeep and apart from that, I could not be happier. Nicest truck I've even driven.

bill_de 04-30-2014 03:04 PM

Re: Overland leather dash issues

I've read of them replacing an entire dash for that kind of problem.

Let's see what your dealer says.

---

04JGCLMTD47 04-30-2014 05:51 PM

The only issue I have is with the stitching reflecting on the windshield. I hope they work it out for you.

fruszin 05-01-2014 11:52 AM

I have a 2012 Overland and this happened to me last year. Chrysler replaced the entire dash.

imissedtheapex 05-01-2014 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fruszin (Post 1014985)
I have a 2012 Overland and this happened to me last year. Chrysler replaced the entire dash.

Ok cool. Have you had any issues with creaks and rattle in the dash since? I'm scared that the fit and finish will fall apart after the dealership starts tearing into it. Ugh

Andoskyy 05-01-2014 03:18 PM

I don't mean to sound harsh, but what choice do you have?

Let them fix it, if it creaks and rattles after, make them fix it again.

lstowell 05-01-2014 05:39 PM

If it is just an air bubble, wonder why they don't use a fine needle to inject glue under there?

fruszin 05-05-2014 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imissedtheapex (Post 1015073)
Ok cool. Have you had any issues with creaks and rattle in the dash since? I'm scared that the fit and finish will fall apart after the dealership starts tearing into it. Ugh

None so far, and it's been through a hot summer and very cold winter.
I had the same concerns when this started, and thought that it would never look or work correctly ever again. I tried to glue it first on my own and even tried using weights on it after it was glued to hold it in place. None of that worked. Replacing the dash was the only option. In my case, the replacement went well, and I'm happy with the results. The dealership told me they were glad that I removed everything I could from the dash and console. Almost no one ever does this and they need to take out everything. Seats, Console, and Steering Wheel, to get the dash out.

JEEPON22S 08-21-2014 04:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Did they have to send a picture in to the Digital imaging so they can determine if warranty is covered? I have a 2012 JGC overland had the car 3 months and it came that way but its 22k miles so I hope they Replace it. I called dealership and they said to bring it by so they can take a pic and send it to Chrysler. Mine is not that bad yet but I know it will get worse so.

nicjak 08-21-2014 07:18 PM

yep mine has done the same, the dash assembly is being replaced under warranty.

JEEPON22S 08-21-2014 08:55 PM

How many miles did you have on your jeep?

nicjak 08-22-2014 12:28 AM

Just now 15500mi 2012 model