Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/)
-   -   A Different window problem (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f182/a-different-window-problem-74750.html)

timesublime 05-05-2014 10:36 AM

A Different window problem

I have searched for an answer to the following problem:

The drivers side window only rolls down when I push the Passenger window button on the drivers door, and none of the other windows work at all.

The weird thing is that when I open the drivers door, the display shows passenger door open. It flickers from the temp reading to "passenger door open." Also the console lights dim about halfway then turn back on.

If I open both the drivers and passenger doors, the display is steady and the console lights stay on.

2007 WJ CRD Limited 40,500 miles. Stock except for elephant hose mod.

jtodaro 05-05-2014 01:08 PM

Re: A Different window problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by timesublime (Post 1016949)
I have searched for an answer to the following problem:

The drivers side window only rolls down when I push the Passenger window button on the drivers door, and none of the other windows work at all.

The weird thing is that when I open the drivers door, the display shows passenger door open. It flickers from the temp reading to "passenger door open." Also the console lights dim about halfway then turn back on.

If I open both the drivers and passenger doors, the display is steady and the console lights stay on.

2007 WJ CRD Limited 40,500 miles. Stock except for elephant hose mod.

Take it to the dealer, as that doesn't sound right at all. Also, a 2007 is not a WJ, but in fact a WK Jeep (WJ was from 1999-2004).

kennzz05 05-05-2014 02:14 PM

just a guess but sounds like a broken wire in the wires that lead from the kick panel to the door. those are the wires you see wrapped in the rubber boot when you open the door. Do you have alot of miles or does the drivers door get alot of opening and closing(alot of short trips)

jtodaro 05-05-2014 03:07 PM

The reason I said take it to the dealer is the passenger door wires (or at least not ALL of them) should NOT transverse to the drivers side. Something seems reversed somewhere. If it were JUST the window, I'd say it was on the drivers side, but the EVIC also shows passenger door open when the drivers door is open, which makes me believe it is something alot larger.

timesublime 05-05-2014 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtodaro (Post 1017102)
The reason I said take it to the dealer is the passenger door wires (or at least not ALL of them) should NOT transverse to the drivers side. Something seems reversed somewhere. If it were JUST the window, I'd say it was on the drivers side, but the EVIC also shows passenger door open when the drivers door is open, which makes me believe it is something a lot larger.

I took the boots off of the door and did not see any damage to the wires. This issue just started last Friday out of the blue. I unplugged the battery thinking that the ecm needed to reset. Nothing I have done has helped.

The local dealership here is crazy expensive, but may be the only choice.

kennzz05 05-09-2014 05:25 AM

guess i misread your problem, how old is your battery? i have read many many strange issues that lead back to the battery

timesublime 05-10-2014 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennzz05 (Post 1019358)
guess i misread your problem, how old is your battery? i have read many many strange issues that lead back to the battery

I replaced the battery and nothing has changed.