Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Just got a Jeep Welcome Kit in the mail... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/just-got-a-jeep-welcome-kit-in-the-mail-74777.html)

Dan JGC 05-05-2014 10:52 PM

Just got a Jeep Welcome Kit in the mail...

1 Attachment(s)
Exactly one month after picking up my 2014 from the dealership, I got this welcome (thank you) kit in the mail. Didn't get one when I bought my 2011. See photo. Comes with a nice keychain (leather says "Jeep" on one side and "GRAND CHEROKEE" on the other side)!

Did anyone else get one of these in the mail???

schmieg 05-05-2014 10:55 PM

Re: Just got a Jeep Welcome Kit in the mail...

I received one last year when I purchased mine. I use the keychain for my hitch lock key that I keep in the vehicle. I thought it was a pretty good PR move, but nothing I couldn't live without (or even know that I was living without).

MuSh 05-05-2014 11:32 PM

Yep. Got one here as well.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

diggum 05-06-2014 03:39 AM

Australia or America?

GCLimited 05-06-2014 06:36 AM

Got mine about a month after getting my new Overland.

Still in original shipping envelope...no plans of ever using it.

Cbones 05-06-2014 07:26 AM

Got mine too. Now try using it with your JGC key fob. It won't fit. Seems silly to me that no one from Jeep tested this before sending to all new buyers. I wound up giving it to my son to play with.

chwoner 05-06-2014 07:55 AM

I used it for about 3 days, but it scratched the back of the key and was too bulky. It's just laying around now.

Sydney 05-06-2014 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cbones (Post 1017444)
Got mine too. Now try using it with your JGC key fob. It won't fit. Seems silly to me that no one from Jeep tested this before sending to all new buyers. I wound up giving it to my son to play with.

That's pretty funny. I just ordered my first jeep, so I'm now eagerly looking forward to getting my welcome kit! When I bought a BMW a couple of years ago, I got a similarly useless gift and learned from a user forum that BMW had a (recent) history of sending beautifully packaged yet useless gifts that seemed to be chosen by someone who had never driven the vehicle in question. Last year the "gift" really degenerated: it was a fancy box containing an "Ultimate Benefits Card", giving access to what owners soon discovered was website that is accessible to anyone! Forum members were really irritated at the waste of money on the packaging, and frustrated at BMW marketing this as a "gift".

GCLimited 05-06-2014 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cbones (Post 1017444)

Now try using it with your JGC key fob. It won't fit. Seems silly to me that no one from Jeep tested this before sending to all new buyers.

Seems a lot of this goes on at Chrysler/Jeep unfortunately...

:slapfight:

makris0000 05-06-2014 01:03 PM

I got one a month after getting my Laredo and i use it. The only problem with it is that it is starting to fall apart and its only 3 months old but it is still a nice touch.

tony4311 05-06-2014 07:11 PM

Mine broke within two weeks.

bill_de 05-06-2014 07:17 PM

NADA from Jeep.

Chevy gave me the nicest gift. Maglite, Totes umbrella, Thermos brand travel cup, J&J first aid kit, all in a well made satchel.