Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/)
-   -   Wk2 Powered subwoofer, amplifier and focal speakers (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/wk2-powered-subwoofer-amplifier-and-focal-speakers-74910.html)

Kianki 05-09-2014 05:36 AM

Wk2 Powered subwoofer, amplifier and focal speakers
 
Here is the link to some pictures of the installation.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/139867...7644171371870/

This is the equipment I used:
600 watts amplifier
Soundordenance powered sub (b-8ptd)
Focal component is 165
Focal coaxial ic 165
scosche SLC4 LOC
Scosche SA-69 Speaker Mounting Brackets
Metra 71-049 Speaker Wiring Adapters

BB2014 03-08-2015 02:22 PM

Re: Wk2 Powered subwoofer, amplifier and focal speakers
 
Kainki- nice installation job looks really clean! I had a question, do you have a navigation factory head unit in your jeep? Where did you tap into to get signal? I have a 2014 Jeep and I am having trouble getting a good signal. I tapped into the right rear passenger speaker wire just before the door and the bass signal is not good at all. Any help you could offer would be appreciated.

Kianki 03-10-2015 02:35 PM

Re: Wk2 Powered subwoofer, amplifier and focal speakers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BB2014 (Post 1157172)
Kainki- nice installation job looks really clean! I had a question, do you have a navigation factory head unit in your jeep? Where did you tap into to get signal? I have a 2014 Jeep and I am having trouble getting a good signal. I tapped into the right rear passenger speaker wire just before the door and the bass signal is not good at all. Any help you could offer would be appreciated.

Many Thanks!! Well just as you I tapped from the rear speakers. The subwoofer that I used has both left and right inputs so I dont know if that gives it more depth instead of using just one input (in your case from the right rear speaker). Remember you wont get a high quality signal because we are using the factory head and until now we have no remedy. I can tell you that the sound from the subwoofer is not spectacular but the music sounds much better now that with the original 4 speaker system. I was thinking of getting a better quality LOC also getting one that is powered (like the LC7i) to see if this improves the situation. Anyways if you find a way to get better audio on the cheap please post the answer here. If there is anything else that I can help you with, do not hesitate to ask me. Cheers!:thumbsup:

12JEEPGC 03-11-2015 01:06 AM

Re: Wk2 Powered subwoofer, amplifier and focal speakers
 
Where did you connect the remote start wire to for the amplifier? If behind the stereo, what color wire was it....? Do you know what colors are the wires for the rear speakers? Thanks

Kianki 03-12-2015 10:23 AM

Re: Wk2 Powered subwoofer, amplifier and focal speakers
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 12JEEPGC (Post 1158144)
Where did you connect the remote start wire to for the amplifier? If behind the stereo, what color wire was it....? Do you know what colors are the wires for the rear speakers? Thanks

For the remote wire I used the switchable 12v power outlet from the center console (I think the cable was red).
Attachment 53557
Just use a splice connector and a piece of wire.
If its too difficult to splice the cable from behind. In minute 1:17 of this video you can see a 2 wire plug under the radio. Its the same cable but you will have more space to work with it. Yes you'll have to remove the radio trim but its really easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgekY8Ub3ic

The color of the rear speaker wires are the following:

right rear speaker:
solid/line
darkgreen/light green (+)
darkgreen/gray (-)

left rear speaker:
solid/line
left rear speaker:
gray/lightgreen (+)
gray/darkgreen (-)

I used this PDF to know which color each speaker wire was:

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/audio/2014_w...io_diagram.pdf

I found the left front and rear side speaker wires in the left footwell and the right front and rear ones on the right footwell. You cannot miss them. They are connected in a huge plug on each side as you can see in my pics. Good Luck:thumbsup:

Kianki 03-12-2015 10:27 AM

Re: Wk2 Powered subwoofer, amplifier and focal speakers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kianki (Post 1158613)
For the remote wire I used the switchable 12v power outlet from the center console (I think the cable was red).
Attachment 53557
Just use a splice connector and a piece of wire.
If its too difficult to splice the cable from behind. In minute 1:17 of this video you can see a 2 wire plug under the radio. Its the same cable but you will have more space to work with it. Yes you'll have to remove the radio trim but its really easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgekY8Ub3ic

The color of the rear speaker wires are the following:

right rear speaker:
solid/line
darkgreen/light green (+)
darkgreen/gray (-)

left rear speaker:
solid/line
left rear speaker:
gray/lightgreen (+)
gray/darkgreen (-)

I used this PDF to know which color each speaker wire was:

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/audio/2014_w...io_diagram.pdf

I found the left front and rear side speaker wires in the left footwell and the right front and rear ones on the right footwell. You cannot miss them. They are connected in a huge plug on each side as you can see in my pics. Good Luck:thumbsup:

NOTE:
I mentioned splicing the 12v remote by removing the radio trim. The 2 wire plug is the one in the background not the one that the guy removes from the trim.

12JEEPGC 03-12-2015 09:01 PM

Re: Wk2 Powered subwoofer, amplifier and focal speakers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kianki (Post 1158615)
NOTE:
I mentioned splicing the 12v remote by removing the radio trim. The 2 wire plug is the one in the background not the one that the guy removes from the trim.

Ok cool thanks man ima give a try hopefuly everything goes smooth... But thanks for the feedback man.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community