Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Stock Air Ride Height on GC TraiHawk (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/stock-air-ride-height-on-gc-traihawk-74929.html)

Carl Tko 05-09-2014 05:52 PM

Stock Air Ride Height on GC TraiHawk

Hi all, new to the Forum, so bare with me.

Had a question, my GC TraiHawk has selected "Air Ride Height". But if I raise it up to "Off-Road level 2" (which is the highest ride height) it automatically will drop down after I go over a certain speed. So, my question is 1) is there a way to bypass that Stock setting that does that and let it stay at whatever ride height I select w/o the manual override dropping it down and of course question 2) If there such away, will it effect my vehicle in a Neg way? Something you'd suggest I shouldn't do.

Thank You all in advance,

Carl Tko

Jim_in_PA 05-09-2014 08:00 PM

Re: Stock Air Ride Height on GC TraiHawk

There are specific reasons why the QL doesn't allow you to exceed a certain speed in both elevated levels...including knocking your kidneys' loose when you hit a small bump and the suspension hits the limit. This is not configurable in any "normal way". Some folks have played with removing fuses, but that could have other implications...

EllisWyatt 05-09-2014 08:59 PM

Do you mean "Aerodynamic Ride Height" (or Aero Mode)? It's automatically selected when you reach highway speeds in the mid sixties then lowers to Normal Ride Height when your speed drops into the thirties for a period of time. Also, Aero Mode is automatically achieved when you turn the Selec-Terrain knob to "Sport". If there was a way to override the system and keep it in OR 2 I wouldn't recommend it. In addition to the suspension being at the end of it's travel you have also increased the center of gravity by 2.6 inches which likely makes for an unsafe condition if you need to make a sudden maneuver. I just drove mine off highway for several days and the few times I needed OR 2 it felt pretty tippy to me (and that was at crawling speeds).

Carl Tko 05-09-2014 11:27 PM

Yes, sorta lol. If I have the dial on Auto, and press the button next to the dial twice it puts me up at the Max lifted ride height but like u said, I hit a certain speed (like 25mpr) n it drops it to "off-road 2" automatically then if I'm at like 50mph it drops it down to "normal-aerodynamic ride height" I just was wondering if there is a way to set it at the off-road 2 the highest height n it will stay there unless "I" manually drop it.....?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

Carl Tko 05-09-2014 11:31 PM

I understand it's a "tighter" ride at off-road 2, I was just wondering, if I chapped to choose to lees it at that level if there was a way to,
To stop the automatic lowering of the truck by the on board computer. That's all

And Thank You all for Ur input, keep it coming.

Also I have done much "Mods" except HID lights and LED fog lights, so if anyone has and simple cool Mod suggestions if love to hear them

Thank You,
Carl Tko

EllisWyatt 05-10-2014 07:54 AM

I haven't had a need to research your question so not sure if it's possible. Out of curiosity, why do you want to keep it in OR2 at higher speeds?

Snipe315 05-10-2014 02:13 PM

Many folks have asked and tried to find a way to manually control the Ride Height on the WK2.

To my knowledge, none have succeeded.

Jim_in_PA 05-10-2014 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl Tko (Post 1019808)
I understand it's a "tighter" ride at off-road 2, I was just wondering, if I chapped to choose to lees it at that level if there was a way to,
To stop the automatic lowering of the truck by the on board computer. That's all

The succinct answer is no. You cannot do that.

yjbeach 05-12-2014 12:44 PM

It's there for safety (and "Improved gas mileage"). Having it at a higher while going around a corner at significant speed will increase chance of roll-over. (Look up previous Mitsubishi Monteros from the 90's and early 2K.

Carl Tko 05-13-2014 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllisWyatt (Post 1019976)
I haven't had a need to research your question so not sure if it's possible. Out of curiosity, why do you want to keep it in OR2 at higher speeds?

Just because I want to be able to lol
Just for instance if off-roading n I haven to go over 25mph it's gonna drop me down to stock-aerodynamic height, then I could possible be a prob cuz it sure isn't gonna raise it back up b4 I need it.

Carl Tko 05-13-2014 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yjbeach (Post 1020972)
It's there for safety (and "Improved gas mileage"). Having it at a higher while going around a corner at significant speed will increase chance of roll-over. (Look up previous Mitsubishi Monteros from the 90's and early 2K.

I get Ur response, had my share of lifted trucks. Don't plan on driving Indy of even on the Eway at high speeds. Just want to be able to keep it auto or set it up to switch it to manual that's all. But the consensus is No 👍

Thanks All.
Carl Tko

berk483 05-13-2014 05:16 AM

If you are in OR1 it won't drop down to NRH until you maintain over 35mph. If you switch modes on the selec-terain knob it will move to whatever height that mode normally works at regardless of prior height.