Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Cherokee-KL (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/)
-   -   Question: Build Schedule Traihawk (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/question-build-schedule-traihawk-74955.html)

wayne mcleod 05-10-2014 02:13 PM

Question: Build Schedule Traihawk

Curious as to exactly how, as new orders are placed from dealership and rec'd by the factory are vehicles scheduled for production. Is there a priority sequence of some sort.
Have noticed many Trailhawk builds have taken place or advanced with order dates placed later than mine???? Mar 24 2014. EW285515

jlykins 05-13-2014 07:56 AM

Re: Question: Build Schedule Traihawk

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayne mcleod (Post 1020118)
Curious as to exactly how, as new orders are placed from dealership and rec'd by the factory are vehicles scheduled for production. Is there a priority sequence of some sort.
Have noticed many Trailhawk builds have taken place or advanced with order dates placed later than mine???? Mar 24 2014. EW285515

Hey Wayne,

I see you're part of the Customer Build Status tracking run by Milous and Willx. I'd recommend posting in that thread asking for an update on yours since it hasn't shown any movement. They're pretty good at checking in on builds for people specifically when it's requested.

If you haven't been keeping up with the thread I'd recommend reading the last 4-5 pages as it details reasons for at least some of the delays many of us have experienced with our new Jeep builds. In your scenario I'd still ask for one of them to check on your car, I'd go insane not seeing anything done to my order for almost 2 months.

wayne mcleod 05-13-2014 09:42 AM

Yup!.....have been checking every day & Thanks for the heads up. As I said the frustrating part is seeing others being built that have been ordered after mine. I checked with Milous yesterday so info is up to date.
My friend rec'd her Limited last Thurs. Ordered Feb 28. Turned in her CRV. She thinks she died and went to heaven, Just loves it!!!!
Guess I'll have to console myself with my Wrangler Unlimited for awhile longer. Awesome machine and sorry to see it go but am approaching the 70 mark and time to look for some creature comforts in my old age? Been around almost as long as JEEPS!
Back in the early 60's (Northern Ontario) we could pick up running used VW'S for 10 bucks, 30, 36, 40 horse, cut them in half, remove 22-24 inches weld them back together put a skid plate under the motor and you had one of the most awesome off road vehicles ever. Took the whole weekend to complete and paint was optional LOL. Oh Well....those days are gone.
Hope you are having a great day & Thanks

luanapetz 05-13-2014 12:16 PM

Wayne, I'm in Northern Ontario too and ordered my Limited at the end of March. So there's hope I may see it before summer. (That's assuming you - and your friend -are in Northern Ontario too and that wasn't a reference to a distant past.)

wayne mcleod 05-13-2014 03:49 PM

The Limited is produced at a different location versus the trailhawk so there is a very good chance yours will show up shortly. They seem to be building them quicker than mine.
North Bay was where I grew up and still have family through out the north, Soo, Thunder Bay, Kirkland etc. etc.
Retired & living in London.
Good Luck on your new vehicle.......it is a beautiful machine, you are gonna love it........by the way.....nice choice of colors.

pricha00 05-25-2014 08:11 PM

Wayne what engine did you order in your Trailhawk. I ordered a 4 banger on Jan 27 and changed my mind, and made second similar TH with the 6. Now my V6 arrived on May 16 and the 4 cylinder is still no where in sight. The V6 was ordered 5 weeks after the 4. So glad I did, it drives so nicely with more power.

Pat.