Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Detailing (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f8/)
-   -   Paint Correction Costs? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f8/paint-correction-costs-7516.html)

RiverCityWK 03-14-2010 08:03 PM

Paint Correction Costs?

Since I have owned my Jeep, I have made sure to follow the proper procedures for washing without marring the paint's surface. Unfortunately, the previous owner did not. There are swirls everywhere, and they are still noticeable after waxing and it drives me CRAZY! I have always done my waxing by hand, and I don't have any experience with a buffer/polisher. My question: What is the typical cost for getting swirls and imperfections removed? Also, once I have it done, is it easy to maintain with normal wash/wax routines?

Chaoul1 03-14-2010 08:08 PM

Re: Paint Correction Costs?

You can learn yourself! Sometime soon I'm going to buy a polisher for swirl marks and takes a bit of time to do! Scott has a complete write up that he did a while back on his Jeep. You can maintain the paint, but it's hard to keep it perfect.

I don't know what it would cost you to hire someone to do it for you. Sorry.

DAVY27 03-14-2010 08:32 PM

no detailing pro but i would suggest maybe using Swirl-X and Scratch-X from Meguiars. have noticed a few swirls on mine as well so i'll be trying out Swirl-X next time I wash

Scottina06 03-14-2010 08:48 PM

try some of the Meguiers M105 and 205 by hand. It can be done somewhat by hand. But just buy a good DA buffer and some nice pads and go at it. detailedimage has a good how to section....they can recommend products and pads to use.

blackpepper 03-14-2010 08:53 PM

I'll second detail image's how to section.. it's great.

Juanvaldz 03-14-2010 10:17 PM

or there is Autogeek.net
Nothing but info on detailing and MASIVE amount of info on products and HOW to videos

BOYCHIKS 03-14-2010 10:19 PM

Have you checked out Concours? They are located on Broad across from BMW.

They should be able to do what you want or around $100. Talk to Lewis !

RiverCityWK 03-14-2010 10:34 PM

Yeah, I'm going to check them out when I get home. I was going to call them today, but they're closed on Sundays.

BOYCHIKS 03-14-2010 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverCityWK (Post 169572)
Yeah, I'm going to check them out when I get home. I was going to call them today, but they're closed on Sundays.

Yeah let me know. I know a lot of people who use him, and I have not been there before, but after I recently rub against a box and got some small scratches that weren't able to come clean from a hand wax, I will use him next month or so.

He does some high end cars though, also a great 3m clear bra; something I did get from him.

Keep me posted ;)

B.P.O.D 03-15-2010 03:55 PM

guys always start with the least aggressive and work your way up to the most aggressive!

you only have so much clear coat, you don't want to remove extra CC!!!

if you only have access to stores try swirlx,scratchx,ultimate compound in that order!