Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Navigation included in Lux II? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/navigation-included-in-lux-ii-75230.html)

BubbaATL 05-18-2014 03:55 PM

Navigation included in Lux II?

I keep seeing references to having to pay extra to "activate navigation." The fine print on the Lux II group in the buyer's guide says "Uconnect 8.4A radio" - not "8.4AN radio." I don't see anything about navigation one way or the other.

So does this mean if, as planned, I order a Limited diesel with ATG, Lux II and ORA II - which comes to a $51k MSRP - I still won't have navigation unless I cough up another $595? Surely that can't be so.

MBDiesel 05-18-2014 04:05 PM

That is correct. Lux2 upgrades from the small screen only. The upgrade from 8.4A to 8.4AN is a bit cheaper than that; $400 MSRP, $356 invoice with Lux2. The dealer installed upgrade to the 8.4A is not the same as an 8.4AN. 8.4A can't have HD radio or I believe the 3D nav. I would go with the AN since the cost is similar to the A upgrade at the dealer.

BubbaATL 05-18-2014 04:08 PM

Re: Navigation included in Lux II?

Thanks. Any other little gotchas I'm missing on that combination? The tow kit is included in the ORA II right?

I'm trying to build a Limited diesel with pretty much everything on it except CD/DVD/Bluray and the block heater. I would get an Overland but I don't like the Overland interior and definitely don't want to pay extra for it.

MBDiesel 05-18-2014 04:15 PM

I built almost the exact same one. ORA2 has the tow package and QD2. Lots of window stickers don't specify QD2 with ORA2 probably because they run out of room on the sticker. I could go without knowing I have an ecodiesel badge if they told me definitively I have QD2 ;)

BubbaATL 05-18-2014 04:19 PM

Oh no I definitely want the ecodiesel badge ... the TR badge too. :cool:

Thanks again.

Spocker 05-18-2014 08:12 PM

I have the Limited v6 with all the same option packages that you are thinking of getting. I would recommend getting the AN radio if nav is something you will want in the future. It's worth it, and is both cheaper and has a few more features. On a side note, I wish I held out for the diesel, although the v6 is pretty smooth and strong enough for day to day... and my favorite and most used option is the ACC you will get with the ATG! It has transformed my commute and really taken a lot of the stress out of traffic. It works fabulously and is the best option in my opinion... but I digress :) Get the AN radio! You'll be happy in the end!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

iced98lx 05-19-2014 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BubbaATL (Post 1024277)
Thanks. Any other little gotchas I'm missing on that combination? The tow kit is included in the ORA II right?

I'm trying to build a Limited diesel with pretty much everything on it except CD/DVD/Bluray and the block heater. I would get an Overland but I don't like the Overland interior and definitely don't want to pay extra for it.

I ordered my limited diesel, with Lux 2, ORA 2 and the 8.4 AN. I skipped the advanced tech package. That doesn't leave much to add (block heater, bigger wheels).

Hope that helps!

Chris

Jim_in_PA 05-19-2014 09:48 AM

If you know you want the NAV, order with the 8.4AN from the start. Not only do you not need to have the dealer activate it for a fee as you do with the 8.4A, you get a lot more features.

BubbaATL 05-19-2014 10:41 AM

Thanks all. It just seems very strange to me that Nav is not automatically included in the Lux II group.

AquaForester 05-19-2014 10:56 AM

I believe you don't get Sirius Live Traffic (I don't even think I"ve used it yet) when you activate NAV on the 8.4A. What else don't you get. I see someone mentioned HD radio is there anything else?

iced98lx 05-19-2014 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquaForester (Post 1024675)
I believe you don't get Sirius Live Traffic (I don't even think I"ve used it yet) when you activate NAV on the 8.4A. What else don't you get. I see someone mentioned HD radio is there anything else?

it's a different "Nav" system- no 3D and a few other things.

things listed as "you get above 8.4A" on the 8.4AN description include:

Full Feature Nav with 3-D, HD Radio, SiriusXM Traffic, or SiriusXM Travel Link

AquaForester 05-19-2014 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iced98lx (Post 1024728)
it's a different "Nav" system- no 3D and a few other things.

things listed as "you get above 8.4A" on the 8.4AN description include:

Full Feature Nav with 3-D, HD Radio, SiriusXM Traffic, or SiriusXM Travel Link

Thanks for that info. To be honest the NAV is the only thing on my '14 GC that I'm disappointed with. It routes me down every street regardless of the settings. There's also a lag when it re-routes and you could easily miss a turn. I recently did the latest Uconnect update:

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/uconne...ate-75094.html

So I'm hoping it helps, but right now it's pretty useless.