Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Replaced Muffler with Magnaflow (check out old muffler) (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/replaced-muffler-with-magnaflow-check-out-old-muffler-7541.html)

gc4x4 03-15-2010 06:10 PM

Replaced Muffler with Magnaflow (check out old muffler)

3 Attachment(s)
I had the original muffler replaced with a magnaflow today and was shocked about the condition of the original muffler-with only 4k miles, the metal was distorted and had a purple hue on the back side, it looked like it was plugged up or something.
My new magnaflow is great, sounds good for a v6 and has defiantly given the engine some extra power combined with my CAI. The magnaflow muffler is #12286 and is worth it.:D

Scottina06 03-15-2010 07:05 PM

Re: Replaced Muffler with Magnaflow (check out old muffler)

yeah....huge too huh?

Robert Palmer 03-15-2010 07:16 PM

Yeah my SRT as a warping mark too. When you shut the truck off, after a while did you hear a BING sound?

Here's a pic of mine.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...7/DSCN0215.jpg

gc4x4 03-15-2010 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis Presley (Post 170009)
Yeah my SRT as a warping mark too. When you shut the truck off, after a while did you hear a BING sound?

Here's a pic of mine.

Yeah I would here a loud BING sound after shutting it off and when i looked down at the muffler i could see it faintly glow orange at night..crazy :lol:

SvenskaJeepGuy 03-15-2010 11:14 PM

my factory muffler had the bing sound too. i had to replace it at 32k because it had a large blowout on it.

gc4x4 03-15-2010 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 170184)
my factory muffler had the bing sound too. i had to replace it at 32k because it had a large blowout on it.

Did you get yours replaced under warranty? or did you get an aftermarket one?
The factory muffler must have too much restriction to cause the warping and the discoloration and i noticed it faintly would glow orange at night. When I had my magnaflow installed today, I immediately noticed the truck holds speeds better up hills and has much better acceleration.:D

05quadratrac 03-15-2010 11:27 PM

I replaced mine at 39k with a Magnaflow and the old factory one came out looking great, I still have it so i'll have to take a pic, it looks like it might only have a few thousand miles on it tops.

SvenskaJeepGuy 03-15-2010 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gc4x4 (Post 170187)
Did you get yours replaced under warranty? or did you get an aftermarket one?
The factory muffler must have too much restriction to cause the warping and the discoloration and i noticed it faintly would glow orange at night. When I had my magnaflow installed today, I immediately noticed the truck holds speeds better up hills and has much better acceleration.:D

naw, i installed a magnaflow catback system and i love it

SvenskaJeepGuy 03-15-2010 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05quadratrac (Post 170188)
I replaced mine at 39k with a Magnaflow and the old factory one came out looking great, I still have it so i'll have to take a pic, it looks like it might only have a few thousand miles on it tops.

i got $11 for mine at a scrap yard haha

05quadratrac 03-15-2010 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 170190)
i got $11 for mine at a scrap yard haha

Haha I could use $11 bucks I should scrap mine.

burt0n05 03-16-2010 11:17 PM

gc4x4....you think you could post a video so we can get an idea of what it sounds like

JTK1130 03-17-2010 01:19 PM

Wow, i thought i was crazy and the only one hearing this "bing". I was going crazy trying to silence it and just gave up.... Glad to know i'm not alone.