Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   To Level, or not to Level ?? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/to-level-or-not-to-level-75455.html)

sting73ray 05-24-2014 12:39 AM

To Level, or not to Level ??

1 Attachment(s)
Well, got the new Lexani 22" R05 staggered wheels on today w/ Nitto 275/40 Fronts and 305/40 rears. Now I am debating lowering using road magnet springs w/ the mid level (1" Front / 1.8" rear) drop.

I ordered to road magnets so will post pics to compare once they are installed. Let me know what you guys think! Thanks

mrkonow 05-24-2014 03:13 AM

Re: To Level, or not to Level ??

Nice, i want to see the finished look!!

pinetar 07-14-2014 12:23 PM

We need some updated photos with the drop, please!

sting73ray 07-15-2014 10:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
With the RM mids, camber is maxed out, could use control arms possibly.

Attachment 42518

Attachment 42519

pinetar 07-15-2014 10:44 PM

Fantastic! The lower springs really made it look so much better with the Lexanis. How are you liking the ride?

sting73ray 07-17-2014 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinetar (Post 1051945)
Fantastic! The lower springs really made it look so much better with the Lexanis. How are you liking the ride?

Thanks! I love the look too...My issue is the camber on the rear. After install my alignment is a bit off, pull to the right a tad..and my steering wheel now vibrates above 70mph. But as soon as I get these issue figured out I should be good!

pinetar 07-17-2014 10:56 PM

So have you not aligned it since installing the new springs?

sting73ray 07-17-2014 11:02 PM

Yes I had an alignment done after the springs, but it's pulling some so need to have them realign again. Hopefully that solves the issue, I'll definitely let you know.

pinetar 07-17-2014 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sting73ray (Post 1053030)
Yes I had an alignment done after the springs, but it's pulling some so need to have them realign again. Hopefully that solves the issue, I'll definitely let you know.

Sorry to ask, just making sure. But yes please let me know.

Someone on here who just had the Eibachs put on their diesel was having problems and got it all figured out eventually. Hoping to hear the same from you as well.

Best of luck with it.

sting73ray 07-17-2014 11:12 PM

No worries I appreciate the input. Should get it done this weekend hopefully... Fingers crossed

sting73ray 07-29-2014 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinetar (Post 1053033)
Sorry to ask, just making sure. But yes please let me know.

Someone on here who just had the Eibachs put on their diesel was having problems and got it all figured out eventually. Hoping to hear the same from you as well.

Best of luck with it.

Well had another alignment done, still pulls slightly to the right above 50 mph. Also, the vibration in the steering wheel is bad. I just got in some hub centric rings. Going to put those on and rebalance to see if it fixes the issue.

Overall I like the look, but not sure if it is worth the alignment and balance issues.

pinetar 07-29-2014 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sting73ray (Post 1058771)
Well had another alignment done, still pulls slightly to the right above 50 mph. Also, the vibration in the steering wheel is bad. I just got in some hub centric rings. Going to put those on and rebalance to see if it fixes the issue.

Overall I like the look, but not sure if it is worth the alignment and balance issues.

Sorry to hear about the prolonged troubles with the new setup.

And I agree about it not being worth it solely for the look. The performance is the most important gain and if it isn't where it's supposed to be, then it's not worth the loss.

Hope you get it all worked out soon!