Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intakes/Exhausts (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/)
-   -   aFe Stage 2 Intake owners (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/afe-stage-2-intake-owners-75634.html)

imissedtheapex 05-29-2014 02:29 PM

aFe Stage 2 Intake owners

how many of you guys are having issues with rubbing on the bottom of the hood?

Looks like aFe is the one to get over the Mopar unit.

Evolv0 05-30-2014 08:16 AM

Re: aFe Stage 2 Intake owners

a few of us did, but a simple loosen twist and tighten fixes the issue.

litup71 05-31-2014 09:22 AM

Hi I have had the problem
I loosened my and twisted but no luck.
I contacted AFE and they are working on it
I posted photos of mine in a post on mods

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

BuckeyeSRT 06-01-2014 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imissedtheapex (Post 1029596)

Looks like aFe is the one to get over the Mopar unit.

Not sure I would agree with that

dmsfun 06-01-2014 08:39 AM

CAI are not as great as what they claim, as I had an AFE stage II and removed it after a year. When I put the stocker back on, it was a surprise as the 5.7 actually runs notably better with the stock intake, and is so much quieter. The intake racket with the AFE is not a pleasant sound either, just very loud, which gets old. Low and mid range torque is lost with the AFE versus stock, and if there are any gains in HP, it's only seen at high RPM. I did direct comparisons, (new filters for both, also resetting the ECU) and the stock intake was the clear winner. IF all you do is 1/4 mile runs, the AFE might win the drag race, but for street use, the stocker wins.

Kjens2004 06-02-2014 01:30 AM

I happen to love the sound of the AFE intake. It definatly sits against my hood but I have not seen any adverse affects of that yet and it's been on my jeep for 7000 miles now.

imissedtheapex 06-02-2014 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeSRT (Post 1030766)
Not sure I would agree with that

I can't find a single conclusive piece of evidence to point to either one. All I know is that the AFE seems alot more popular than the mopar one....

any real advice is more than welcome!

BuckeyeSRT 06-03-2014 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imissedtheapex (Post 1031576)
I can't find a single conclusive piece of evidence to point to either one. All I know is that the AFE seems alot more popular than the mopar one....

any real advice is more than welcome!

Many (like me) have the K&N and are quite happy. I know some like the dry filter better and that is great.
I did not buy for the performance alone (if their really is any with any intake), I bought mostly for the noise the Hemi makes on the intake side of the motor.
No issues with fit at all.
Good luck in your search.

howiestt 06-16-2014 10:19 PM

I just removed my Volant box ( left the volant tube on) and reconnected my stock airbox with stock filter, and there is a big difference . seems like the hemi struggles on the highway/passing power but acceleration from stand still has improved....waiting for my afe drop in to see if top end improves..

( took out volant because it does not fit my 2014, brake lines in the way)

Evolv0 06-17-2014 08:11 AM

interested in hearing the results after that drop in filter.. I just recently turned my AFE tube down while doing an oil change this weekend .. so far so good :)

FalconST 06-18-2014 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howiestt (Post 1038845)
I just removed my Volant box ( left the volant tube on) and reconnected my stock airbox with stock filter, and there is a big difference . seems like the hemi struggles on the highway/passing power but acceleration from stand still has improved....waiting for my afe drop in to see if top end improves..

( took out volant because it does not fit my 2014, brake lines in the way)

Are you saying that the Volant Tube with the stock box and filter run better than the Volant box and filter?

I'm thinking of getting the Volant system for my new to me 2011 WK2 5.7 and from all I have read, the Volant was the best.

One other forum member had dyno runs before and after the Volant and showed improvements in HP and Torque.

howiestt 06-19-2014 08:07 PM

Well reading around the forum, all the intakes on the market are hot air intakes. None of them are closed off from the engine bay. With the stock airbox you are only getting air from the duct to the outside. You also gain some low end back. The age filter flows a bit better than stock, but haven't been able to go full throttle on the highway yet to see if my butt dyno feels any difference.