Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Brake Booster recall (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/brake-booster-recall-75729.html)

JoeD 06-01-2014 03:52 PM

Brake Booster recall

I just got it yesterday in the mail. Claims the booster may corrode prematurely letting water inside.

bill_de 06-01-2014 04:11 PM

Re: Brake Booster recall

Really! Wow :eek:

---

Angler 06-02-2014 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 1030929)
Really! Wow :eek:

---

Newsflash! :eek:Newsflash! :p Newsflash! :rolleyes:

AAAA 06-02-2014 08:39 PM

I received letter today... called dealer for appointment... I'm now number 8 on the callback list... parts are not available... good thing my booster is working properly!

fwdjeep 06-02-2014 08:48 PM

I am sure here in Oz that Jeep Australia will do the usual thing and burry their heads in the sand and deny any issue has ever existed.

Unlikely they will send us letters

Sent from my iPad using JeepGarage

MDBones 06-02-2014 08:50 PM

It may not apply down in Oz. It seems centered around vehicles being operated in cold, snow and road salt climates.

That's where I am... and I'm not in the least bit worried about this recall.

AAAA 06-02-2014 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fwdjeep (Post 1031588)
I am sure here in Oz that Jeep Australia will do the usual thing and burry their heads in the sand and deny any issue has ever existed.

Unlikely they will send us letters

Now, now. Let's see that Positive Mental Attitude. :)

XJ97SPORT 06-02-2014 09:47 PM

Daughter got her letter today for her '12 GC. So far I haven't got one for my '13 Trailhawk.

MDBones: "It seems centered around vehicles being operated in cold, snow and road salt climates."

We're in the San Francisco Bay Area, haven't seen any "cold", "snow", or "road salt" out here in a loooong time. (And they don't "salt" the roads out here.) In fact we were just hit with a mandatory 25% water reduction or face increased fees and fines because of the drought.

GBJeep 06-03-2014 07:38 AM

Brake Booster recall

Received mine yesterday as well. I'm in South Louisiana so typically cold weather is not an issue, except for this past winter. But I still plan to make an appointment to correct this issue, don't want to ignore anything to do with the brakes.

subbie09 06-03-2014 09:43 AM

Got my recall yesterday. Call my dealership and service told me they are waiting on Chrysler to send the parts and for now just taking vins and adding to a list. Needless to say I added myself to the list.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

AAAA 06-06-2014 06:31 AM

Clock radio went off this morning with this local headline: "Local women crashes her 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee into Verizon building after her brakes fail."

wantit 06-06-2014 06:43 AM

stopped by the dealer yesterday 6/5 with the notice, was told they will be receiving the parts beginning next Tuesday, and to stop by after that and they will take care of it. said they will just install a shield, as there is no visible corrosion. 45 minutes or so to do it.