Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   Gloss Black vs Matte Black (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/gloss-black-vs-matte-black-75876.html)

Kappa 06-05-2014 07:11 PM

Gloss Black vs Matte Black

I really like the Matte Black instead of the Gloss Black.

Any idea where I can get these rims in matte black (the same sizes) instead of the gloss black? Or should I just plasti dip them to matte black when I get them?

Jeep Grand Cherokee Wheels

DAVY27 06-05-2014 07:21 PM

Re: Gloss Black vs Matte Black

check factoryreproductions.

they have it in satin black

mrkonow 06-07-2014 02:46 AM

Wheels should be my next mod and I am also wondering what style to go for. My JGC is black and I can't decide flat, gloss or black chrome. I have a Laredo, with the basic suspension.

So my concern is, usually I'll go to a car wash about 2~3 weeks, and i honestly have no idea between the flat or gloss, what looks less noticeable, or needs less cleaning.

Then, if flat or gloss i'd go with the SRT8 reps or the Viper reps, if black chrome i'd go with the Spider Monkey. Honestly i'm more inclined towards the SRT8 and Vipers.

Another thing that i keep thinking, can one drive thru a car wash with a ??x10 with wide tires?

And lastly, i should had searched about this next thing, but since I'm writing this post: What is the reason, i keep reading on the forum, about JGC doesn't like staggered setups? I saw one recent post the person did install a 20x9 and 20x10, but didn't go in-depth about it.

Strongjeff 06-07-2014 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrkonow (Post 1033709)
Wheels should be my next mod and I am also wondering what style to go for. My JGC is black and I can't decide flat, gloss or black chrome. I have a Laredo, with the basic suspension.

So my concern is, usually I'll go to a car wash about 2~3 weeks, and i honestly have no idea between the flat or gloss, what looks less noticeable, or needs less cleaning.

Then, if flat or gloss i'd go with the SRT8 reps or the Viper reps, if black chrome i'd go with the Spider Monkey. Honestly i'm more inclined towards the SRT8 and Vipers.

Another thing that i keep thinking, can one drive thru a car wash with a ??x10 with wide tires?

And lastly, i should had searched about this next thing, but since I'm writing this post: What is the reason, i keep reading on the forum, about JGC doesn't like staggered setups? I saw one recent post the person did install a 20x9 and 20x10, but didn't go in-depth about it.

you could run staggered setups as long as you keep the overall diameter of the tires the same. IMO don't do drive thru car washes, hand wash is better

shoestring 06-14-2014 12:46 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I prefer the matte/satin finish too. these are 20x9 on mine:

Jeep SRT8 - Satin Black - Factory Reproductions

pinetar 06-15-2014 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoestring (Post 1037759)
I prefer the matte/satin finish too. these are 20x9 on mine:

Jeep SRT8 - Satin Black - Factory Reproductions

+2 for matte. I just don't like the look of too much gloss.

Good looking whip too, shoestring!

Strongjeff 06-15-2014 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinetar (Post 1038181)

+2 for matte. I just don't like the look of too much gloss.

Good looking whip too, shoestring!

+10 on the satin finish. Love the look and how they match the black trim on mine