Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Cruise Control Recall (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/cruise-control-recall-75885.html)

jacko15 06-05-2014 09:33 PM

Cruise Control Recall

http://media.chrysler.com/newsreleas...id=15701&mid=1

Roki303 06-05-2014 09:44 PM

Re: Cruise Control Recall

wow ... Hopefully seems like only certain vehicles build between Jan and Apr this year are affected?

jacko15 06-05-2014 09:49 PM

Your questions are answered in the link I provided. At least Chrysler jumps on the problems as soon as they're confirmed and a solution is available. GM should take the same kind of action and avoid the terrible headaches they're going through right now.

redddog 06-06-2014 07:58 AM

Haha.

I was at the dealer about a week ago oicking up my truck after the Driver side CV boot fix and told them of this exact problem.

"Nah. That's totally normal. You're fine. We had our best guy take it out."

That's what I got.

I don't mind if they're finding issues and fixing them. They're getting it right and with such a big revamp, it's to be expected. But don't bullsh** us. Don't look us in the eye and blatantly lie as if we are f'ing stupid.

THAT is what pisses me off. Not a recall.

SW03ES 06-06-2014 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redddog (Post 1033286)
I don't mind if they're finding issues and fixing them. They're getting it right and with such a big revamp, it's to be expected. But don't bullsh** us. Don't look us in the eye and blatantly lie as if we are f'ing stupid.

THAT is what pisses me off. Not a recall.

Your issue is not the dealer lying to you, it's the dealer being ignorant. They don't know about these things before they're released any more than we do, and half of them don't even know after the fact...

bill_de 06-06-2014 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SW03ES (Post 1033306)
Your issue is not the dealer lying to you, it's the dealer being ignorant. They don't know about these things before they're released any more than we do, and half of them don't even know after the fact...

For that you can blame the dealer. If they don't have someone keeping the service department up to date, that's on them, not Chrysler.

SW03ES 06-06-2014 09:07 AM

Yep, and that is no different with any manufacturer. I've had to inform many Lexus dealers about recalls and TSBs over the years, and they've just looked at me like I have 3 heads until they go look it up.

Anybody who has seen me post knows I'm hardly a Jeep apologist lol

redddog 06-06-2014 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SW03ES (Post 1033306)

Fair enough, to a degree.

No question that they're ignorant, but you don't need to be a seasoned mechanic to know that the surging is not only wrong but potentially dangerous and most certainly not "normal."

Just because there isn't something official in the system doesn't mean there isn't an issue. And I think that saying "yeah, that's normal," for whatever reason, is more than just ignorant.

SW03ES 06-06-2014 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redddog (Post 1033322)
Just because there isn't something official in the system doesn't mean there isn't an issue. And I think that saying "yeah, that's normal," for whatever reason, is more than just ignorant.

EVERY dealer does that. I can't tell you how many times I've been told by a Lexus dealer that something is "normal" or that it "cannot be duplicated" when I KNOW its not, and I KNOW other people have had the same issue and had it repaired because I post on Lexus forums. Eventually I get to someone who will recognize it and deal with it. And thats Lexus...#1 in customer satisfaction, #1 in dealer satisfaction, #1 in quality and reliability.

You need to re-adjust your expectations or dealing with car dealers will destroy you lol I just posted about the weird fault I had yesterday in the Jeep's forward collision warning. I'm not even going to bring it up to the dealer because I know it will just cause me stress and strife. Just gonna turn it off.

Wait till the recall comes out, take it in and tell them to do exactly this. Thats all you can do.