Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Jeep Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel 3.0 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f222/)
-   -   cooled seats (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f222/cooled-seats-76034.html)

rpainter 06-10-2014 04:22 PM

cooled seats

Is it just me or does the passenger side heated and cooled option suck?? I noticed that the pass seat on cool low you can feel very little change in seat temp. and on high it cools down and then seems to go away after a few minutes. any way to check to see if it is still working? The dash says yes my butt and back say no.:lol:

bill_de 06-10-2014 04:34 PM

Re: cooled seats

They are not cooled seats, they are only ventilated. The suck air in through the little holes and discharge it underneath. If the a/c starts on high because it is hot, you are getting more cool air drawn around you.

---

smljeep 06-10-2014 04:37 PM

I love them!
Even on low I can feel them working when I'm wearing shorts.

rpainter 06-10-2014 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 1035364)
They are not cooled seats, they are only ventilated. The suck air in through the little holes and discharge it underneath. If the a/c starts on high because it is hot, you are getting more cool air drawn around you.

---

then should you only feel it for a few minutes and then nothing?? I have tried it with all blower settings and no change. low setting it is very hard to notice and change and on high it only lasts 10 to 15 minutes and then you can feel it get warmer like they shut off

Rumline 06-10-2014 07:49 PM

Maybe it's the pants you are wearing. If I wear gym shorts I find even the low setting to be rather -ahem- brisk feeling. With jeans, not so much.

rpainter 06-10-2014 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumline (Post 1035475)
Maybe it's the pants you are wearing. If I wear gym shorts I find even the low setting to be rather -ahem- brisk feeling. With jeans, not so much.

My lady has even told me that she does feel as much air movement on that seat as apposed to the drivers seat. And she wears thin dress slacks.

Rumline 06-10-2014 08:27 PM

Well then clearly your seat sucks and hers doesn't. ;)

MDBones 06-10-2014 08:30 PM

I wouldn't know how well my passenger seat cools... I've never sat in it. :D

The driver's seat works great.

ExcursionDiesel 06-10-2014 11:04 PM

Ok...forgive my frankness. It "feels" cooler when your butt is hot and sweaty (OK, perspiring) due to the evaporative cooling effect. Once things are dried out, less cooling effect and therefore less "feeling" of coolness.

iced98lx 06-11-2014 09:49 AM

put 50 or so miles in on the passenger side, I thought it was just as good (just as long) as the driver, but hey, everyone's bum cools differently ;)

Rumline 06-11-2014 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rpainter (Post 1035392)
low setting it is very hard to notice and change and on high it only lasts 10 to 15 minutes and then you can feel it get warmer like they shut off

Regarding the "high" setting, it does start off with an extra boost for a few minutes then goes down to "regular high" afterwards. I believe I read that in the manual but I'm too lazy to look it up right now.

Hayseed_wk2 06-11-2014 12:35 PM

Try convincing the cop that the reason you are driving naked is to test the seat ventilator...