Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   Too many mods for sc3875???!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/too-many-mods-for-sc3875-7604.html)

burton907 03-17-2010 03:41 AM

Too many mods for sc3875???!!

So I need to get my sig and a pic up I know, but I have a 01 4.7l lmtd wj, I currently just have a catback flowmaster 50 series exhaust. Tuner on the wAy. I have read thAt the tuner is fine for basic upgrades, is a catback+cai+porter tb+ power wire too much for the tuner?? I picked up a free tb so I figured I'd get it potted for shoots and giggles. I kinda plan on more aggressive upgrades eventually as money allows.

Also is a power wire worth gettin with a cai? Or would that be too "cold"

burton907 03-18-2010 07:10 PM

Re: Too many mods for sc3875???!!

bump

is a CAI, power wire, catback exhaust, and a ported TB too many "upgrades" for the Superchips to handle?

i hear that the superchips only matches well with the basic, minor upgrades? any input please?

jeeppro 03-18-2010 07:40 PM

good ? hmmmmmm

mzh29 03-18-2010 08:39 PM

You should be fine with everything. What type of cai do you have? I have the same mods as you with superchips and it works fine.

burton907 03-19-2010 04:42 AM

I only have the exhaust right now, but I just bought everything for my cai tonight, I'm gonna be makin a PVC cAi hahah. Is a power wire pretty much useless with a cai?

Also, I just thought of, I stead of PVC, what about flex tubing? Then wrap thAt in heat wrap?

05quadratrac 03-19-2010 10:17 PM

I think they are made to be adjustable with mods, I hope so anyway because most people who buy one tend to mod their car beyond just the chip. Is the flex tubing smooth inside? I wouldnt use anything crinkled or with sharp bends since you want the smoothest and easiest air flow to your intake. I remember hearing a 60's racer in TV saying the Hemi's were so good because they were so effecient at getting air in and out. :D

05quadratrac 03-19-2010 10:18 PM

Oh and I think Scott runs one and he has tons of mods.

mzh29 03-21-2010 07:02 PM

I wouldn't use flex tubing.

FlyinRyan 03-23-2010 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05quadratrac (Post 172885)
I think they are made to be adjustable with mods, I hope so anyway because most people who buy one tend to mod their car beyond just the chip. Is the flex tubing smooth inside? I wouldnt use anything crinkled or with sharp bends since you want the smoothest and easiest air flow to your intake. I remember hearing a 60's racer in TV saying the Hemi's were so good because they were so effecient at getting air in and out. :D

They are NOT flexible, Superchips is meant for a stock vehicle. It is safe to use on a car with bolt-ons- i.e. intake and a catback, ported TB, etc. Beyond that, you need to consider a custom flash or a handheld tuner capable of custom tuning a la SCT or Diablo.

burton907 03-23-2010 01:18 PM

k, good.

i got it in the mail in 2 business days, thanks ryanwk!

i threw the 87 octane tune on it first, thinking it was 87 octane performance? because i was almost out of gas. so i drove that too the gas station and put in 91, threw on the 91 octane and i feel it. not as big of a difference as i expected, but it's definitally there!

my question is, i don't seem to remember if i read that you need to reset your pcm with one of these tunes? or is that for a cai intake and other such mods?

also, is the 87 octane the performance tune using 87? or something else?

FlyinRyan 03-23-2010 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burton907 (Post 174749)
k, good.

i got it in the mail in 2 business days, thanks ryanwk!

i threw the 87 octane tune on it first, thinking it was 87 octane performance? because i was almost out of gas. so i drove that too the gas station and put in 91, threw on the 91 octane and i feel it. not as big of a difference as i expected, but it's definitally there!

my question is, i don't seem to remember if i read that you need to reset your pcm with one of these tunes? or is that for a cai intake and other such mods?

also, is the 87 octane the performance tune using 87? or something else?

Burton,

check your PMs. Just finally replied to the 2 you sent me. Sorry.