Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   How do I keep debris out of the window track? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/how-do-i-keep-debris-out-of-the-window-track-7609.html)

tman4024 03-17-2010 11:32 AM

How do I keep debris out of the window track?

About 6-8 months ago when I had my Jeep at the stealer I had them clean out the window track as I was getting some faint scratches on the window and could hear something scratching the window when it was moving up and down.

I've got the same problem again. :( The stealership says it's not defective and they won't cover it under my warranty.

I do normal driving, nothing offroad of even on dirt roads so I'm not sure why so much debris is getting down there and I really don't put the windows up/down very often at all.

Should I complain to Chrysler about this? Is there anything I can do to keep stuff from getting down there? I really don't feel like taking the door panels off every couple months to fix this :mad:

White WK Swagga 03-17-2010 11:40 AM

Re: How do I keep debris out of the window track?

I had that in my last car. Could never get rid of it. Most annoying sound you want to hear....

maxst2 03-17-2010 02:55 PM

pop the trim and clean it yourself?

Scottina06 03-17-2010 03:50 PM

yep....the trim pops off real easy like....but it sounds like its collecting in the felt like material.

Matt 03-17-2010 03:52 PM

x3. The trim pops right out. Is it scratching on the outside of the window?

There may be some odd chance that something in your door is causing it. Probably wouldn't hurt to pop the door panel off and have a looksy.

Chaoul1 03-17-2010 06:06 PM

I have this problem on my WJ. It scratched the Tint already :(, but it doesn't make any noise.

tman4024 03-17-2010 08:17 PM

It's on the outside of the window. I guess it could be something inside the door and not just debris.

Megatron 03-17-2010 08:24 PM

I will be following this thread. Good question Tman. I didn't know it was called window track, thanks.

My driver side tint got super owned today. *sigh...........

tman4024 03-17-2010 08:33 PM

Next time I'm in PA I might take the air compressor and blow some air down in there and see if that fixes the scratching I'm hearing...

Devilsmed98 03-17-2010 08:38 PM

I just noticed this a week ago on my WK after it was immobile for 3 weeks. Beautiful days this week and every time I go to put the window down it sounds painful. So my best bet would be pop the trim off and air compressor down?

mjl2610 03-17-2010 08:43 PM

My Jeep has the exact same problem too... my window is getting scratched up as well. :(

RiverCityWK 03-17-2010 10:54 PM

My windows are so scratched from mud and what have you. Looks terrible and sounds worse than it looks