Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   selling (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/selling-76107.html)

Artofnoize 06-12-2014 09:54 AM

selling

I see a few people actively selling their SRTs or parting them out which leads me to assume that they have sold or are selling their rigs. My question is has anyone sold their 14 for 60k or more yet? I'm sure finding the right person is everything, but realistically I'm finding it hard to believe. I guess I'm asking what is a good price to expect on selling? Mods aside just because I think you are limiting your list of buyers even more. Example, my aggressive drop might turn away a lot of people. In a perfect world you would find a buyer that would appreciate everything you've done to the vehicle, but is it better to put it back to stock and part out the mods? Just for the record, this is not a jab at ANYONE, I am just looking for opinions, as I have been kicking around the idea of selling mine.

Scottina06 06-12-2014 10:18 AM

Re: selling

make a visit to CarMax...they'll give you a good idea

robpp 06-12-2014 10:27 AM

in the real world its worth what the bank will finance it for/

and mods will never be included in that price.

in fact mods may get you less cause maybe the new owner isnt in to them or care for them or some type of warranty hound or who knows why.....but they wont pay.

once in a while peps get lucky and sell a modded vehicle, scott wk1 is a perfect example. however that is not reality a lot of the time.

i tried to sell mine for a long time.....eventually sell off the mods and trade it in.
am talking wk1 but still a modded vehicle.

i know the srt8 is a bit more niche vehicle but look around........most are driven by peeps who have no intention of modding them.

Scottina06 06-12-2014 10:52 AM

KBB says private party for mine is $63k....

I also had mine valued at CraMax and received a very good offer...and that was returning it to stock

robpp 06-12-2014 11:08 AM

GL scottt. I didnt realize yours was for sale/

and agree that carmax seems to be the failsafe nowadays.

good way to get an easy appraisal and a number to work from?

scottt, if you dont mind me asking, what does a place like that say about mods? Or since they only can know so much just look the other way and its all based on condition?

Scottina06 06-12-2014 11:32 AM

yes...CarMax in my opinion has been very reasonable when it comes to appraisals. I actually sold my wifes audi a7 to them. Lots less hassle...no scammers etc. Had a check in hand in 30 minutes. They know the market and what they need to make to sell your car. I may have been able to squeeze another $1000 by selling privately...but then you have ALL the hassle. One guy wanted me to drive 8 hours to meet him for example.

They really liked the mods and what I had done...but cant give as much of the value as a private party. If you have receipts etc. its even better like for wheels, hoods etc. The appraiser I talked to knew the mods I had done were quality and well done. Now obviously tacky stuff will subtract value. They are good at what thye do.....plus they have a network of appraisers to work with.

P-Dawger 06-12-2014 12:16 PM

As a data point, I just unloaded mine (14 with 4500 miles, loaded) via private party sale, no mods. I will say that the guy that bought it was from out of state and bought the car sight unseen and had it shipped to him.

Through our conversation and negotiations he said that mine was only 1 of 2 that he was looking at that had zero mods, every other one (like 10 others) was modded to some degree and he wanted an intact warranty with no hassles.

I do not mod cars in warranty, not worth the hassle. I know there are levels of mods, and what/will not void a warranty. We agreed on $62k and I ate some of his shipping costs out west. This was my 9th Jeep, started with an XJ in college and had a bunch of laredos, limiteds and a first gen SRT. They were all great.

By far this was the worst (and last) dealing with an American automobile manufacturer. $70+k for a Jeep and the level of performance and service was just plain awful. The kicker was driving our current RR with near same level of performance and then getting in the Jeep...for close to the same money. Jeep and Chrysler need to step up the game for those kinds of dollars.

As soon as the RR Sport RS comes out I think I will pull the trigger on that as a daily.

Good luck on your sale and good bye (for now) Jeep.

kbench55 06-12-2014 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P-Dawger (Post 1036538)
As a data point, I just unloaded mine (14 with 4500 miles, loaded) via private party sale, no mods. I will say that the guy that bought it was from out of state and bought the car sight unseen and had it shipped to him.

Through our conversation and negotiations he said that mine was only 1 of 2 that he was looking at that had zero mods, every other one (like 10 others) was modded to some degree and he wanted an intact warranty with no hassles.

I do not mod cars in warranty, not worth the hassle. I know there are levels of mods, and what/will not void a warranty. We agreed on $62k and I ate some of his shipping costs out west. This was my 9th Jeep, started with an XJ in college and had a bunch of laredos, limiteds and a first gen SRT. They were all great.

By far this was the worst (and last) dealing with an American automobile manufacturer. $70+k for a Jeep and the level of performance and service was just plain awful. The kicker was driving our current RR with near same level of performance and then getting in the Jeep...for close to the same money. Jeep and Chrysler need to step up the game for those kinds of dollars.

As soon as the RR Sport RS comes out I think I will pull the trigger on that as a daily.

Why does everyone one of your posts turn into a jeep bashing post? Couldn't you have ended it after the third paragraph? We get it already! Enjoy your RR.

Schleprock 06-12-2014 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P-Dawger (Post 1036538)

Interesting, considering just about everyone I know or have read of, says that Range Rovers are garbage. When I bought my '14 in Dec my salesman literally had 3 of them traded in within a week on some type of GC. I saw them on the used lot with my own eyes so it wasn't BS.

And honestly, if ONE bad vehicle out of 9 causes you to leave a brand, I feel confident that brand's CEO would probably tell you good riddance. The shear statistics alone, in a random sample of manufacturers of 9 cars owned in your life, would net at least 1 poor/lemon/bad vehicle. Yours happened to be a Jeep......because all 9 were.....JEEPS!!

Scottina06 06-12-2014 03:17 PM

he bashed the jeep srt for a year.....then bought one....then sold it months later. I call BS....total BS!

kbench55 06-12-2014 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 1036647)
he bashed the jeep srt for a year.....then bought one....then sold it months later. I call BS....total BS!

I was thinking the same thing. Easy to add vehicles to a signature, not so much to an actual garage.

mrmaker 06-13-2014 01:54 AM

Just curious, besides Scott, why is there a trend of selling the 14s. Are people having problems with them or are we just getting bored. I've had mine for a year next week, still love driving the beast and have had zero problems.

Just curious.