Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   Destroy my jeep (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/destroy-my-jeep-76128.html)

mariner99 06-12-2014 08:11 PM

Destroy my jeep

It seems that Jeep Australia's legendary appalling customer service has once again resulted in a Brisbane owner to take drastic action......Maybe with the resultant bad publicity we MIGHT start getting some decent customer service......maybe.

I think the links will be self explanatory...

Destroy My Jeep™ |

No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

Benn0 06-12-2014 08:18 PM

Re: Destroy my jeep

I replied in the other thread, but here's the list of issues:

Here’s a list of what has gone wrong with the car according to Mr Wood:
* Fuel Line fell off (at the time of getting handover in the showroom!)
* Loss of all climate controls (twice)
* Rattling in drivers door,
* Clock couldn’t keep the correct time (for two years)
* Bash plate hanging off
* Turbo inlet manifold cracked (tow truck required)
* Rain sensor failed
* Major coolant leak inside vehicle (tow truck required)
* External mirrors getting loose all the time (it has special screws so Mr Wood can’t tighten them)
* Ignition failure (tow truck required)
* Faulty seat belt tensioner,
* Heater exchange cracked behind dashboard,
* Starter motor intermittently running after the engine has started (has been replaced but keeps doing it)
* Drivetrain Control error (tow truck required)
* Wipers intermittently coming on when driving in dry conditions
* Rear strut leaking oil and had to be replaced ...

It's a long list, with some major issues, but others are surely things that can just be fixed, if he could find a decent service center....

mariner99 06-12-2014 08:23 PM

Makes me wonder who the dealer was and whether he just managed to get on the wrong side of the dealer to the point of them not bothering. Still customer should always come first. None of those defects are acceptable on any vehicle. Hilarious that the fuel line broke at pick up........Thats the universe talking bro', get a GC instead, that way only the dpf will F@#@ up on you :-)

Tahlee 06-12-2014 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariner99 (Post 1036820)
Makes me wonder who the dealer was and whether he just managed to get on the wrong side of the dealer to the point of them not bothering. Still customer should always come first. None of those defects are acceptable on any vehicle. Hilarious that the fuel line broke at pick up........Thats the universe talking bro', get a GC instead, that way only the dpf will F@#@ up on you :-)

After watching the video I feel pity that ones life can be so dominated and obsessed over a motor car.

The guy and his wife are so focused on creating publicity that I think they have lost contact with reality and are bogged down in their own misery.

It is a 4 year old car and sure he has had problems such as a rattling door, clock that wouldn't keep time, loose mirror, etc, etc .... BUT when these issues dominate ones life to this extent.... then it really is time to take a deep breath and move on.

Hell .... what a waste of ones own precious life over such matters easily solved by selling the car.

For those who may observed ..... there are great expectations when picking up a new car created by days of visualizing events and the feelings. When these feelings are not realized then there is a grieving that takes place ..... BUT this is not the only case I can cite where a bad experience on delivery lead to a fixation that dominates every day of their life.

Just my 2C's ....

Benn0 06-12-2014 09:41 PM

Yeah, I think you got it right, some people become obsessed with the 'injustice' they face. He probably should have taken the $22k and moved on.

Much of this stuff should be fixable, yes not ideal that a new car needs so much stuff to be fixed, but it happens. As Mariner says, it seems like he has pissed off the dealer to the point they don't want to help him anymore. I prefer to stay on the right side of the people I need help from.

Hard to know I guess, I wouldn't want that many problems on a new car, and I may be just a po'ed if it happened to me.