Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   The Challenger's Hellcat Hemi Could Make the SRT Jeep the World's Baddest SUV - See m (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/the-challengers-hellcat-hemi-could-make-the-srt-jeep-the-worlds-baddest-suv-see-m-76335.html)

Yaccster 06-19-2014 08:49 AM

The Challenger's Hellcat Hemi Could Make the SRT Jeep the World's Baddest SUV - See m

Since the supercharger Hellcat Hemi was introduced for the 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT, we have talked about the likelihood of seeing that monster motor in the Dodge Charger, the Chrysler 300C and the Dodge Viper, but we have failed to consider the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT which would be the most powerful production SUV in the world. - See more at:

The Challenger's Hellcat Hemi Could Make the SRT Jeep the World's Baddest SUV - Torque News

GenevaSRT8 06-19-2014 11:12 AM

Re: The Challenger's Hellcat Hemi Could Make the SRT Jeep the World's Baddest SUV - S

Thanks for posting the link, interesting read, and probably something that is on a lot of forum members' mind (at least those who visit this section often).
Most important word in the title, IMHO: "could"... let's hope the brass in Detroit and Torino make it happen.

Scottina06 06-19-2014 01:26 PM

Re: The Challenger's Hellcat Hemi Could Make the SRT Jeep the World's Baddest SUV - S

If the SRT jeep extends beyond this gen.....I cant see them NOT having the 6.2 hellcat as an option

5000XD 06-19-2014 02:14 PM

They better expand their service and quality control also!

mrmaker 06-20-2014 06:12 AM

Great article!, speculation of course, but wouldn't it be great if the boys in their Armani suits saw the light. IF...., the Jeep SRT continues to the next gen, the hellcat is a must, if not, it will be the demise of the Jeep SRT IMO.

Madanio24 06-20-2014 06:15 AM

That would be a monster!

Yaccster 06-20-2014 10:19 AM

Let's do some simple math (which doesn't always work)

Chally SRT base is almost $46k
Chally Hellcat SRT is predicted to be $70k

Jeep GC SRT is about $64k
Jeep GC Hellcat SRT should be about $88k
Factor in 'Market pricing' for the other vehicles in the class and it's about $96k

lillyjas 06-20-2014 10:59 AM

Agree with the posters, if the Jeep SRT is to continue in the next gen AND be relevant, a power boost has to occur., if not the 6.2L/SC -something

The X5/6 (nonM) 50i is 445HP - and a 4.5 0-60 without any tuning (which is out there) - and is not much more expensive than the SRT (loaded)
---
Then in the super suv world - the next generations have blow past 500HP and have 600+ as the target.

• The X5/6 M is projected to be 600+HP
  • Range Rover Sport SC/RS is supposed to have 550+
  • Porsche won't stand still, and AMG wants to be there

The 6.2L in the Yukon is 420HP and in the Caddy they claim 5.9 seconds from that monster - not 4.5, but all is relative.

While, I'm not certain the world needs a 600+HP SUV, but 525 to 550 with a solid low 12 1/4 mile & ~4 0-60 needs to happen, but only if Jeep needs to decide if it wants to invest in a low volume, high margin product to compete - OR - will they just stay with the 5.7 (or so) and make it a little better to have a Summit that competes with the x50 X-class and similar luxury (but not super) SUV's

Time will tell

Scottina06 06-20-2014 06:20 PM

I will be posting a rumor I heard as soon as I get more info...in the premium members forum

mrmaker 06-21-2014 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 1040515)
I will be posting a rumor I heard as soon as I get more info...in the premium members forum

Scott, your such a tease, will need to upgrade my membership again..