Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Wrangler-YJ, TJ & JK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f89/)
-   -   Rear seat recline kit? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f89/rear-seat-recline-kit-76481.html)

Djv1389 06-24-2014 10:19 AM

Rear seat recline kit?

Has anyone come across a rear seat recline kit.i have seen nuts washers milled aluminum shims is there a mechanical kit to adjust the rear seat back

Sent from my iPad using JeepGarage

barnettdlb 06-24-2014 10:54 AM

Re: Rear seat recline kit?

that's all I've seen as well. It seems like Jeep could make a rear seat with some type of recline / seat back adjuster on it.

arah 07-07-2014 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djv1389 (Post 1042045)
Has anyone come across a rear seat recline kit.i have seen nuts washers milled aluminum shims is there a mechanical kit to adjust the rear seat back

Sent from my iPad using JeepGarage

I ordered and used these its not a mechanical solution but it works well. It gives you a fixed position that is better than stock.

2007 2014 Jeep JK Unlimited JKU 4 Door Rear Seat Recline Kit | eBay

WaltA 07-07-2014 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barnettdlb (Post 1042062)
that's all I've seen as well. It seems like Jeep could make a rear seat with some type of recline / seat back adjuster on it.

The European Wrangler brochures mention that on the 4-door, their rear seat reclines. If true, it would be nice if Jeep offered such on US Wranglers, even if such meant we would have to live with the 3 head rests too.

Though, let me add, that I could not verify that "recline" means the same as what we think it does. "Recline" could be what Europeans (the British?) call the feature, that we here in the US call "fold down". Yea, unlikely, but I thought I should mention the possibility. I wish I could have found a picture of their rear seat actually shown reclining back, then I would be more certain.

Omar Brannstrom 07-17-2014 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaltA (Post 1047735)
The European Wrangler brochures mention that on the 4-door, their rear seat reclines. If true, it would be nice if Jeep offered such on US Wranglers, even if such meant we would have to live with the 3 head rests too.

Though, let me add, that I could not verify that "recline" means the same as what we think it does. "Recline" could be what Europeans (the British?) call the feature, that we here in the US call "fold down". Yea, unlikely, but I thought I should mention the possibility. I wish I could have found a picture of their rear seat actually shown reclining back, then I would be more certain.

Howdy from Sweden, Europe

No the backseat will not recline, I have a 4 door 2013 unlimited Rubicon.

justjeff 07-17-2014 04:53 PM

But they can get a desiel....

justjeff 07-17-2014 04:53 PM

I saw a third row seat set up not to long back also.