Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/)
-   -   Problems after going over curb.... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/problems-after-going-over-curb-76557.html)

blackjack997 06-26-2014 01:17 PM

Problems after going over curb....

OK so I have had my 06 GC for about a month now. Have been trying to find all its issues before my warranty is up. I have noticed a few things and figured I'd see if you guys who have been in these jeeps for years can shed some light on them.

First I have the clunk when going from D to R. I have the RWD so front diff bushings doesn't seem to be the problem.

Second thing I noticed was that after accelerating to between 25-40 and letting off the gas, I feel another clunk.

Lastly I have (twice now) gone over a curb leaving from the gas station and the found that even though my foot is on the gas, I seem to not be moving immediately after the drop from the curb. Lasts about 3-5 seconds then it picks up again. Any ideas whats going on with these problems?

Madanio24 06-26-2014 01:36 PM

Re: Problems after going over curb....

I have the clunk going from drive to reverse as well. As for the curb issue sounds like a throttle response issue to me. sounds like you are rolling over the curb slowly with your foot on the brake and then gas'ing it. maybe some lag? could be ingition system, fuel system.

blackjack997 06-26-2014 01:42 PM

Concerning the curb issue, it has happened after coming to a complete stop, waiting for traffic to pass, then slowly(normal speed I guess) accelerating as I turn into the lane. Any time I don't go over the curb, it accels normally. Only after the slight drop does it lag...

Madanio24 06-26-2014 01:53 PM

Curb might be a coincidence. I would check something with fuel or ignition. Does it run fine besides the lag?

blackjack997 06-26-2014 02:02 PM

Yeah, runs fine otherwise. Never any lag when I step on the gas up/downhill or on straight roads. Only happened twice. I'm gonna see if I can make I happen again. Any thoughts on that clunk after letting off acceleration ?

Madanio24 06-26-2014 02:47 PM

I forget what that klunk i from a bunch of others have had it. Hopefully they will chime in. I know on my jeep if from a dead stop i try to floor it there sometimes is a dead spot where it wont start moving for a second or 2.

Frango100 06-26-2014 09:51 PM

For the clunk i would first check the drive shaft joints for play.

blackjack997 06-27-2014 04:21 AM

I have an appointment to get it looked at Monday. Will see what they can find...

Boomer914 06-27-2014 09:28 AM

I've got a clunk. 3.7 motor. It's not the drive line or the bushings. Still don't know what it is. Other cars that have this trans that dodge makes have a similar issue. I've had it since like 50k and now I have over 100k so it's def not something that's destroying the trans

iboughtajeep 06-30-2014 07:32 AM

Clunk slounds like the universal join in the tail shaft.