Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Quick question about auxiliary lights. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/quick-question-about-auxiliary-lights-76664.html)

Chunderboy 06-29-2014 05:16 PM

Quick question about auxiliary lights.

Actually a few questions.

Since the factory fog lights do absolutely nothing I was thinking about throwing some auxiliary ones on the brush guard. I travel upstate a lot during the summer months and need more wattage for the back roads that don't have any light.

Which shape do yall feel is less obtrusive/more aesthetically pleasing: oval, round, square or an led light bar (rectangular)?

And lastly, where is there a hole in the firewall to run the wires and where would you suggest mounting the on/off switch?

I have about $250 to spend on them so looking for what you guys feel look better and best bang for the buck.

Thanks

sprieto21 06-30-2014 10:17 AM

Re: Quick question about auxiliary lights.

No need to do that just upgrade to hid lights on regular headlights and fog lights that's should give you the brightness that you want

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

Dabitz 06-30-2014 12:09 PM

Check out the JK Speaker fog light threat, they almost put out the same amount of light as the HIDs.

Chunderboy 07-01-2014 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dabitz (Post 1044711)
Check out the JK Speaker fog light threat, they almost put out the same amount of light as the HIDs.

I saw those.. Pretty interesting stuff.

Gunna take some time today and check it out.

Raptor 07-01-2014 11:32 AM

Quote:

:thumbsup: The best advise your gunna to get on upgraded fogs! Do it! :thumbsup:

Chunderboy 07-01-2014 11:46 AM

Yea, went through that thread and people are loving them for sure. Looks like I am going to move up from my original estimated amount to spend from 250 to 300. Gunna pull the trigger before the week is done.

Dabitz 07-02-2014 01:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
In case you still thinking about it:

Attachment 41792

Attachment 41793

schmieg 07-02-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Where is that thread? I did a search on JK Speaker and didn't get any matches.

Chunderboy 07-02-2014 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dabitz (Post 1045736)
In case you still thinking about it:

Looks great. How is the light output? Installation... How difficult?

Dabitz 07-03-2014 08:52 AM

Light output is amazing once you adjust them, almost as much light output as the HIDs. Installation is a piece of cake too. I hardwired mine with black tape (splicing wires and matching polarities), others have bought a harness which in my opinion is a waste of money. Note this only fit 2011-2013 models.