Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   14 GC Altitude*factory back up cam*? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/14-gc-altitude-factory-back-up-cam-76815.html)

MKSVT 07-03-2014 04:04 PM

14 GC Altitude*factory back up cam*?

As the title states, I was going to pick up my brand new 14 altitude monday. Until something told me to check the dealers inventory last night to see if they got any new colors in. I happened to stumble across this with a factory back up camera and upgraded stereo options? I immediately called the dealer and they continued to tell me you cant get/order an altitude with a back up camera. I said well look up the build sheet on one in you inventory and sure enough it was correct. They literally were speechless, as i was also.On jeeps website/ordering guide there is no option for this. Anyone have any info.I changed my pick and have this one sold as soon as it comes in the 14th.

http://i61.tinypic.com/n5j8cl.jpg

joeygug613 07-03-2014 04:29 PM

That's very interesting, I picked up my new 2014 Altitude last Wednesday and was told it would be $900 if I wanted to add a backup camera and a 9 speaker radio was not an option. I heard the 9 speaker system was going to be a 2015 option. Let me know how you make out. I would definitely add a camera for $395.

sanitarium16 07-03-2014 05:29 PM

Re: 14 GC Altitude*factory back up cam*?

They were not offered in the beginning due to a supply issue. They now can come with them. My brother just bought one with the backup camera and upgraded sound so I can verify they now come with this as options.

BlckWK2 07-03-2014 05:31 PM

Wow awesome. I thought the 15's were starting the option! i would also add the rear camera for $395! congrats to you on this order.

Pauls888 07-03-2014 05:40 PM

Good thing I decided to wait. thanks for the info.

maxbear3145 07-03-2014 05:40 PM

Just picked up mine last month... did not have any of those options... dealer quoted me 575 to put in the backup camera. Dont waste your money on the 9 speaker setup. you can get a hooked up system for a little more and it wont be stock.. just my 2 cents.

BlckWK2 07-03-2014 06:21 PM

Just checked with my parts guy at the dealership and he found $495 for the rear backup on a 2014 Altitude.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

Sons of Thunder 07-05-2014 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlckWK2 (Post 1046415)
Just checked with my parts guy at the dealership and he found $495 for the rear backup on a 2014 Altitude.

Is that a quote for the camera to be retro-fitted onto a '14 that came without the camera? And I'm assuming that price only includes the camera and not the backup sensors?

BlckWK2 07-05-2014 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sons of Thunder (Post 1046987)
Is that a quote for the camera to be retro-fitted onto a '14 that came without the camera? And I'm assuming that price only includes the camera and not the backup sensors?

It wouldn't be a retro-fit but a complete swap. We have wiring in the Altitude out to the tailgate (from what others have found). It would be a new appliqué with JEEP logo and camera component. Hopefully with the required harness.

Not sure what the full cost detailed. He also couldn't get the whole info. It's a newer sku in the system. I am certain it does not include the sensors. You can already get those installed separately.

Sons of Thunder 07-05-2014 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlckWK2 (Post 1046991)
It wouldn't be a retro-fit but a complete swap. We have wiring in the Altitude out to the tailgate (from what others have found). It would be a new appliqué with JEEP logo and camera component. Hopefully with the required harness.

Not sure what the full cost detailed. He also couldn't get the whole info. It's a newer sku in the system. I am certain it does not include the sensors. You can already get those installed separately.

Yeah I saw from reading other threads that all the wiring is already there. Basically they just have to install the camera and applique and flash the ECU? I wonder if I could get a package deal on installing the nav and camera at once...lol!

BlckWK2 07-05-2014 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sons of Thunder (Post 1047021)
wonder if I could get a package deal on installing the nav and camera at once...lol!

Haha!! I told my wife the same thing. I will definitely try it out when I pull the trigger.

raskal83 07-07-2014 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MKSVT (Post 1046368)
As the title states, I was going to pick up my brand new 14 altitude monday. Until something told me to check the dealers inventory last night to see if they got any new colors in. I happened to stumble across this with a factory back up camera and upgraded stereo options? I immediately called the dealer and they continued to tell me you cant get/order an altitude with a back up camera. I said well look up the build sheet on one in you inventory and sure enough it was correct. They literally were speechless, as i was also.On jeeps website/ordering guide there is no option for this. Anyone have any info.I changed my pick and have this one sold as soon as it comes in the 14th.

http://i61.tinypic.com/n5j8cl.jpg

That is from Westbury Jeep isn't it? I was looking at the same window sticker and was confused by those additional options as well since they were supposedly not available for the 2014. The backup camera option does not include back up sensors for those wondering. The dealer was offering to install the backup camera and navi to another 2014 Altitude with none of those options for $1600. I decided to wait for the 2015 model that is supposed to come out in the coming months and put what options I wanted on that instead. No rush to get the car so why pay the same price for a 2014 as a 2015 and take a hit on depreciation.