Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Vanity light - center (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/vanity-light-center-76988.html)

5000XD 07-09-2014 02:45 PM

Vanity light - center

Guys, this might sound really really stupid but I am taking my chances to ask :p

When any door opens the lights turn on in the center portion (where the controls for the pano roof are etc).

Is there a way to not have this happening? :confused: Is there a button or setting which deactivates this?

schmieg 07-09-2014 02:50 PM

Re: Vanity light - center

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5000XD (Post 1048894)
Guys, this might sound really really stupid but I am taking my chances to ask :p

When any door opens the lights turn on in the center portion (where the controls for the pano roof are etc).

Is there a way to not have this happening? :confused: Is there a button or setting which deactivates this?

My Tahoe, my 95 4Runner and my Outback all do the same thing.

5000XD 07-09-2014 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schmieg (Post 1048900)
My Tahoe, my 95 4Runner and my Outback all do the same thing.

So you can't turn them off? That sucks big time.

I do not like all the lights coming on when I exit or enter. Especially when I do not want to get noticed.

On older vehicles there used to be that 3 position switch button. The good old days. By the way my mothers 98 4runner has the 3 posi switch...

kbench55 07-09-2014 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5000XD (Post 1048904)
So you can't turn them off? That sucks big time.

I do not like all the lights coming on when I exit or enter. Especially when I do not want to get noticed.

On older vehicles there used to be that 3 position switch button. The good old days. By the way my mothers 98 4runner has the 3 posi switch...

Have you checked all the settings in the Uconnect menus? I think there is a tab called lighting that may have the settings in there.

5.7summit 07-09-2014 04:04 PM

Can't you turn your instrument panel dimmer all the way down and it will turn off the lights?

5000XD 07-09-2014 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbench55 (Post 1048908)
Have you checked all the settings in the Uconnect menus? I think there is a tab called lighting that may have the settings in there.

Just looked in the "lighting" tab. Can't find any option of interest. Will look more closely later on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5.7summit (Post 1048937)
Can't you turn your instrument panel dimmer all the way down and it will turn off the lights?

Good 1! I turned it all the way down. But this turns off all the lights completely, also the ones below at the brake and gas pedal. I would like these on, gives that extra effect.

BozFromOz 07-10-2014 02:29 AM

Pull the bulbs!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

5000XD 07-10-2014 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BozFromOz (Post 1049209)
Pull the bulbs!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

LOL! Good 1 brother. I might consider that eventually.

There are 2 bulbs on each side. I think both light up when you open a door. If only one would light up pulling a bulb would eventually be the solution. Some light might come in handy when you want to read something.

I was really hoping there was some hidden feature I was missing somehow :mad: