Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   Door unlocks when keyfob nearby (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/door-unlocks-when-keyfob-nearby-77008.html)

imaz 07-09-2014 11:17 PM

Door unlocks when keyfob nearby

As above, I occasionally notice the doors will unlock (like I'm grabbing the handle) if I walk past the passenger side door with the keyfob in my pocket. It's happening more often now and I thought because of the raining season, but it happens even if the car is garaged over night.

SNUKE 07-10-2014 12:38 AM

Re: Door unlocks when keyfob nearby

http://blog.chron.com/sciguy/files/2...4487938560.png

maxy9 07-10-2014 01:05 AM

Haha funny

iPad using JeepGarage

Zillajnr 07-10-2014 08:42 AM

I've had that happen to mine a couple of times with keys in my pocket....once when i walked past the rear of the car whilst car was in the garage and thought i somehow pressed the key fob button, another time when the car was in the garage and i was working at the work bench in the garage with keys in pocket and thought same thing but this time i was sitting down.
The next day i was working in the garage again and this time put the keys on the windscreen wiper and about 10mins later the car unlocked by itself!

Mentioned it at the service but they could not duplicate (i knew they wouldn't).

Hasn't happened for a few months now.

imaz 07-10-2014 10:39 AM

Thats the thing, if you were rushing in a car park and walked away with out keeping an eye on the door locks and lights, you could be walking away with it unlocked.

imaz 07-10-2014 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imaz (Post 1049359)
Thats the thing, if you were rushing in a car park and walked away with out keeping an eye on the door locks and lights, you could be walking away with it unlocked.

Then again, just disable the option in the menu.

Doesn't surprise me the wankers at jeep can't replicate the situation.

lstowell 07-10-2014 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imaz (Post 1049359)

Thats what the lock button on the fob is for.
Wait till a really old lady or hot chick is walking in front of the thing, and push the button on the fob 3 times.

allypally 07-10-2014 07:52 PM

You will probably find that while the key is in your pocket, pressure is being applied to the unlock button. Tight jeans? When the incident happens again, take the fob out of your pocket and carry it past the same spot. I think you will find that it does not activate the locks.

imaz 07-11-2014 03:43 AM

Confirmed, somethings busted. Sitting this very moment in the touchless car wash and the doors unlocked when the jets started spraying past me/ passenger door.

Red PeeKay 07-11-2014 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imaz (Post 1049798)
Confirmed, somethings busted. Sitting this very moment in the touchless car wash and the doors unlocked when the jets started spraying past me/ passenger door.

Let us know what you find and we can add it to the list..... :thumbsup:

SNUKE 07-11-2014 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imaz (Post 1049798)

Mine does this all around when I wash the car with the FOB in my pocket. Stream of water from hose hits handles, and they do the unlock process, happens on both sides.

maxy9 07-11-2014 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNUKE (Post 1049803)
Mine does this all around when I wash the car with the FOB in my pocket. Stream of water from hose hits handles, and they do the unlock process, happens on both sides.

Same

iPad using JeepGarage