Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Members Rides-Showoff (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/)
-   -   My 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/my-2012-jeep-grand-cherokee-altitude-77015.html)

jimb0 07-10-2014 10:55 AM

My 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude

6 Attachment(s)
Hi all...new here but not to Jeeps. Had a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with the 5.7 Hemi and recently traded it for a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude. Since purchasing it in April have done some mods to it:

Tinted front windows to 35%
Installed K&N CAI
Installed Corsa catback exhaust system (absolutely no drone in ECO mode)
Installed Trailhawk hood applique
Installed Lamin-X taillight tint (Smoke)
Installed Sharkfin antenna
Replaced 265/50/20 Goodyear Fortera tires with 285/50/20 General Grabber UHP tires
Painted brake calipers red
Replaced chrome JEEP hood emblem with black emblem
Removed GRAND CHEROKEE letters from doors

Here are some pics of it...

dubwarren 07-10-2014 11:48 AM

Re: My 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude

Love it

pinetar 07-10-2014 12:19 PM

I dig it as well.

How have the UHP tires been working for you?

AAAA 07-10-2014 01:42 PM

Very cool.

jimb0 07-10-2014 02:19 PM

Thanks all. Living on an unimproved road, I wasn't a real fan of getting a white vehicle at all, but the Jeep had pretty much every option I wanted and none that i didn't want, so i went for it, and it has grown on me. Plus, it doesn't show dirt as much as my other 3 cars do, which are dark green, sunset orange and black cherry, or my '06 Jeep which was midnight blue. Another bonus is the interior doesn't get as hot in this Florida summer sun.

jimb0 07-10-2014 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinetar (Post 1049406)
I dig it as well.

How have the UHP tires been working for you?

I love the Grabber UHP tires. Had them on my '06 JGC Limited, and got around 42K miles before i replaced them with another set of UHPs, and they probably had another 5-7K miles on them but I was going on a road trip and felt better doing it on new tires. I never rotated or rebalanced them because they all wore perfectly.

Living in Florida with our daily afternoon monsoons, we get a lot of standing water on the roadways and the V-thread design really does a good job of venting the water. Of course they are summer tires, so you wouldn't want to do any driving in snow with them, but that's not an issue we have to deal with down here.

One other item, I used to by all my tires from tirerack.com, but found that tirebuyer.com had the same tires and nearly the same price, but also had free shipping. That saved me over $100 on the purchase, which was great.

pinetar 07-10-2014 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimb0 (Post 1049454)
I love the Grabber UHP tires. Had them on my '06 JGC Limited, and got around 42K miles before i replaced them with another set of UHPs, and they probably had another 5-7K miles on them but I was going on a road trip and felt better doing it on new tires. I never rotated or rebalanced them because they all wore perfectly.

Living in Florida with our daily afternoon monsoons, we get a lot of standing water on the roadways and the V-thread design really does a good job of venting the water. Of course they are summer tires, so you wouldn't want to do any driving in snow with them, but that's not an issue we have to deal with down here.

One other item, I used to by all my tires from tirerack.com, but found that tirebuyer.com had the same tires and nearly the same price, but also had free shipping. That saved me over $100 on the purchase, which was great.

Thanks for the reply! I have been looking into what my next set it going to be when I upsize to 20" wheels at the same size as yours, so these are on the radar.

jimb0 07-10-2014 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinetar (Post 1049477)
Thanks for the reply! I have been looking into what my next set it going to be when I upsize to 20" wheels at the same size as yours, so these are on the radar.

Cool, just make sure that the 20" wheels you upgrade to have the proper backspacing, because there is about a fingerwidth of space between the back of the tire and the upper control arms.

pinetar 07-10-2014 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimb0 (Post 1049481)
Cool, just make sure that the 20" wheels you upgrade to have the proper backspacing, because there is about a fingerwidth of space between the back of the tire and the upper control arms.

Yes sir, already planned on using some OE replicas that will be either at +50 or +32 offset, with OEM backspacing. So I should be clear of any problems with the UCA bolt.

Thanks for the reminder!