Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Extended Warranty - Where to buy?? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/extended-warranty-where-to-buy-77246.html)

Frostinblack 07-17-2014 02:50 PM

Extended Warranty - Where to buy??

Hi there!
I am the proud new owner of a 2014 GC Overland that I picked up yesterday with just 12 miles on the clock!! The dealer offered me a 7 yr 100,000 mile warranty extension for $1950, and I have until the end of the month to take him up on the offer.
Is this a good deal. Do you guys know of a dealer where I can get the warranty at a good deal?
Please forgive me if this topic has been discussed in another thread - I just could not find it.

Thanks again and looking forward to learning a lot on here.

FHLH 07-17-2014 04:11 PM

Re: Extended Warranty - Where to buy??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frostinblack (Post 1052786)
Hi there!
I am the proud new owner of a 2014 GC Overland that I picked up yesterday with just 12 miles on the clock!! The dealer offered me a 7 yr 100,000 mile warranty extension for $1950, and I have until the end of the month to take him up on the offer.
Is this a good deal. Do you guys know of a dealer where I can get the warranty at a good deal?
Please forgive me if this topic has been discussed in another thread - I just could not find it.

Thanks again and looking forward to learning a lot on here.

Is it provided by Chrysler?

I'm a couple signed documents away from owning a 2014 myself, so I'm curious in the warranties as I plan on keeping this one for awhile, and will all the gadgets and gizmo's... well you know.

bill_de 07-17-2014 04:15 PM

Check the price against Zeigler. Same Chrysler warranty. If Zeigler is cheaper your dealer might match it.

---

Frostinblack 07-18-2014 07:12 AM

[QUOTE=FHLH;1052834]Is it provided by Chrysler?

Yes - the quote was for the Chrysler bumper to bumper warranty.

silvermax04 07-18-2014 07:27 AM

[QUOTE=Frostinblack;1053105]
Quote:

Originally Posted by FHLH (Post 1052834)
Is it provided by Chrysler?

Yes - the quote was for the Chrysler bumper to bumper warranty.

that doesn't sound very good people have been getting the lifetime for 2000-2200 about. so for not much more you get lifetime. depends on if you want to transfer it or not, life time you cant transfer. if you plan to keep it you could bump up to lifetime for not much more. I think Ziegler is around 2185. I offered dealer 2100 and they took it.

lstowell 07-18-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 1052836)
Check the price against Zeigler. Same Chrysler warranty. If Zeigler is cheaper your dealer might match it.

---

Yeah, I had asked about extending my warranty a few more years since I am building miles much more rapidly due to the better driving resulting in more trips.

Finance guy said call Zeigler and ask them for what it would cost. Seems the dealers are all aware and some don't care if a fellow dealer gets money.

brian.addy 07-20-2014 08:59 PM

I got the Mopar 6/85K for $1100. The finance guy was giving it to me 'at cost' for $1800 until I showed him the Ziegler site. He took my phone and the Ziegler quote to the owner (on the board of Chrysler) and they matched the price. Poor finance guy came back like a whipped puppy.

GCLimited 07-21-2014 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brian.addy (Post 1054121)

I got the Mopar 6/85K for $1100.

Is this a price I could get from Ziegler myself all day long...or is this a "special"?

brian.addy 07-21-2014 07:10 PM

Believe so. I just went to the website, put in my info and it generated a quote for me. My dealer came in under it by a little I think.

macfan 07-21-2014 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GCLimited (Post 1054283)
Is this a price I could get from Ziegler myself all day long...or is this a "special"?

Don't accept the price that is automatically given on Ziegler's web site. Call Bob Cline at the number at the top of Zeigler's page. Tell him you are a member of Jeep Garage and you want his best discount code. The first code he will offer you is for $50 off. Tell him you have heard on the Jeep Garage web site that he has better discount codes than that and you would like a better one. It is too bad you have to play games but too many people are willing to settle for the automatic price or the $50 discount price. Zeigler's is like any other company in that it is in business to make money. If pressed they will give you a hefty discount code. After I got the better Lifetime Maximum Care Wrap discount code Zeigler's price was $700 under what my dealer's best price was.

GCLimited 07-22-2014 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macfan (Post 1054531)

Don't accept the price that is automatically given on Ziegler's web site. Call Bob Cline at the number at the top of Zeigler's page. Tell him you are a member of Jeep Garage and you want his best discount code. The first code he will offer you is for $50 off. Tell him you have heard on the Jeep Garage web site that he has better discount codes than that and you would like a better one. It is too bad you have to play games but too many people are willing to settle for the automatic price or the $50 discount price. Zeigler's is like any other company in that it is in business to make money. If pressed they will give you a hefty discount code. After I got the better Lifetime Maximum Care Wrap discount code Zeigler's price was $700 under what my dealer's best price was.

Thank you Sir!

:thumbsup:

GBJeep 07-22-2014 11:23 AM

Thanks all for the helpful info - I have been in contact with Bob Cline at Zeigler as I'm looking to extend my factory warranty. I didn't buy an extended warranty when I purchased my Jeep in 2011 because I didn't think I would have my Jeep this long, but I really like this thing! :D