Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Am I dreaming? Is this thing on? Strange honks at night. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/am-i-dreaming-is-this-thing-on-strange-honks-at-night-77498.html)

whartung 07-25-2014 06:24 PM

Am I dreaming? Is this thing on? Strange honks at night.

So, couple of nights ago, I could swear that I heard what sounds like my '14 JGC Ltd honk 6 times. Twice. I can't say how far apart, I went back to sleep and didn't note the time. I was asleep both times.

I could also swear that I've heard it once before, again while sleeping.

When I go out in the morning, I don't get any odds honks or warnings when I unlock the truck (and it is still locked).

It may not even be my truck, but it sounds like it.

Just curious if anyone else is haunted by their truck.

Dan JGC 07-26-2014 08:15 PM

Re: Am I dreaming? Is this thing on? Strange honks at night.

Quote:

Originally Posted by whartung (Post 1056638)
So, couple of nights ago, I could swear that I heard what sounds like my '14 JGC Ltd honk 6 times. Twice. I can't say how far apart, I went back to sleep and didn't note the time. I was asleep both times.

When I go out in the morning, I don't get any odds honks or warnings when I unlock the truck (and it is still locked).

Sometimes the Jeep just wants to go out and play...

rtadams1 07-26-2014 09:18 PM

A few nights ago,my family and I were going to dinner. Just after locking the car and starting to walk away, my JGC honks rapidly 5 or 6 times. Mind you, my horn is turned off when locking the car and my key fob was in my hand. My wife looked at me as if I was pranking her. Hasn't happened again but it was pretty odd.

Quote:

Originally Posted by whartung (Post 1056638)

AJB-830 07-26-2014 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtadams1 (Post 1057169)
A few nights ago,my family and I were going to dinner. Just after locking the car and starting to walk away, my JGC honks rapidly 5 or 6 times. Mind you, my horn is turned off when locking the car and my key fob was in my hand. My wife looked at me as if I was pranking her. Hasn't happened again but it was pretty odd.

My 14 Overland does this about once a month. I always lock my car with the door button. Seems if the key fob is too close to the car when you close the door, it thinks you have left the key fob in the car. It honks the horn a few times and then unlocks the doors. I found that if I stand a bit further away when closing the door, it doesn't happen. Al

silvermax04 07-27-2014 12:56 PM

Mine used to do this honking in middle of night there is a flash that came out about a month ago that corrects random misfires of the alarm which i guess is what it was. Flash was called vehicle enhacements or something like that, fixed if and other things. Mine has not done it since.

Sammzway 07-27-2014 08:50 PM

Happened to me several times dude. Usually happens more often Friday and Saturday night. My truck would blast off horn non stop and wake me from my sleep. My wife usually yells at me and says stop drinking and you won't pass out while sitting on the key. :)