Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/)
-   -   Seat Belt recoil issues. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/seat-belt-recoil-issues-7769.html)

NHWK05 03-22-2010 09:00 PM

Seat Belt recoil issues.

So i have noticed that all the seat belts on my 05 WK are very hard to get them to easily and quickly recoil after having it on. Is it just my jeep or do other people have this issue? Its really annoying to me to have a passenger get out and the belt is all loose and wont recoil itself. Even my drivers seat belt. After i get out i have to feed it back in.

Megatron 03-22-2010 09:12 PM

Re: Seat Belt recoil issues.

I have that problem too. Its annoying as hell.

SvenskaJeepGuy 03-22-2010 09:27 PM

i dont remember correctly, but i think there was a TSB for this.

jeepaholic 03-22-2010 09:31 PM

The problem I am having is with the rear driver side belt. When I put the seat down, the belt gets stuck . I've had to unbolt the belt to get it to come loose a bunch of times. Now I leave it undone.

03svt 03-22-2010 11:10 PM

My passenger side belt is worse than the drivers side. I can't tell you how many times my wife jumps out and slams the door and the belt is there and makes a loud bang, drives me nuts!!

dustb0wl 03-23-2010 12:00 AM

Mine dont really have an issue with that. I did have to replace my drivers side retractor at one point though, because it would stick really badly. If I were you guys, I would replace the retractor, as it sounds like that is the source of your issues. Go to a junkyard, find a junked GC and test the retractor to see if it springs back well, doesnt stick, etc (it would probably be best to find one in which the airbags did not deploy, if possible). If it works well, buy it and replace it. I doubt it would cost you very much. Junkyards usually don't care about those kind of parts.

tri0829 08-24-2011 09:40 AM

sorry to bring this thread back up just wondering if there really was a tsb for this because my drivers seat belt has been like this for a very long time i asked the dealer about it and they said that it was the retractor and would cost too much money for me to replace it basically. if there is a tsb for it i might get them to do it cheaper or for free...

NHWK05 01-19-2012 12:05 PM

x2 i never really got an answer if there was a fix for this or not.

brunality 01-19-2012 12:42 PM

I have the same issue, would love to know if I can get it repaired for free. Mine only seems to be the driver belt. I have to try to feed it in, then it just stops less than halfway in. The passenger side is slow, but retracts fully. I have no issues with the rear.

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-19-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brunality (Post 555950)
I have the same issue, would love to know if I can get it repaired for free. Mine only seems to be the driver belt. I have to try to feed it in, then it just stops less than halfway in. The passenger side is slow, but retracts fully. I have no issues with the rear.

you definately wont get it repaired for free unless you still have your regular warranty

NHWK05 01-19-2012 01:57 PM

What is the fix for this? New belt?

SvenskaJeepGuy 01-19-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHWK05 (Post 556015)
What is the fix for this? New belt?

replace the retractor