Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   cmr tune (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/cmr-tune-7790.html)

chefalan23 03-23-2010 12:42 PM

cmr tune

i have the 93 canned tune and i was really hoping for a better gain. the throttle response still sucks and there is still a lot of hesitation when i punch it. will a cmr tune improve these shortcomings? how much does a cmr tune usually run? i found a shop in sc that does cmr tuning and it looks like they charge 125/hour for dyno tuning.

FlyinRyan 03-23-2010 12:49 PM

Re: cmr tune

Quote:

Originally Posted by chefalan23 (Post 174708)
i have the 93 canned tune and i was really hoping for a better gain. the throttle response still sucks and there is still a lot of hesitation when i punch it. will a cmr tune improve these shortcomings? how much does a cmr tune usually run? i found a shop in sc that does cmr tuning and it looks like they charge 125/hour for dyno tuning.

Have you played around with the adjustments at all? What about the datalogs....anything look out of sorts?

You may have a tune-related issue, or you may just be expecting too much from a simple canned tune.

Not trying to pimp my stuff but all the guys I've ported throttle bodies for have said that the throttle response was improved dramatically. Cut down on that throttle by wire "lag". Could it help you? If it's not in the tune, probably.

pjs1965 03-23-2010 01:47 PM

CMR tunes vary from vendor to vendor. For SRT8s, I've seen 'specials' run as low as $80 with standard pricing usually between $150 - $225 for an email CMR tune. Dyno tuning by a local CMR dude is $525 (usually like a few hours included in that). I think the $125 per hour number is about right.

You can check DiabloSports' website for local CMR tuners or any one of the supporting vendors here.

chefalan23 03-23-2010 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleepy4.7 (Post 174713)
Have you played around with the adjustments at all? What about the datalogs....anything look out of sorts?

You may have a tune-related issue, or you may just be expecting too much from a simple canned tune.

Not trying to pimp my stuff but all the guys I've ported throttle bodies for have said that the throttle response was improved dramatically. Cut down on that throttle by wire "lag". Could it help you? If it's not in the tune, probably.

i havent ran any datalogs yet, but the only thing i did see on the predetor was throttle sensitivity, would that hurt anything if i bumped that up a bit? when i put the canned tune on my mustang it pulled significantly harder, but my jeep, not so much. the only difference i noticed was the 1st to 2nd shift was a bit harder.

FlyinRyan 03-23-2010 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chefalan23 (Post 175269)
i havent ran any datalogs yet, but the only thing i did see on the predetor was throttle sensitivity, would that hurt anything if i bumped that up a bit? when i put the canned tune on my mustang it pulled significantly harder, but my jeep, not so much. the only difference i noticed was the 1st to 2nd shift was a bit harder.

That's really strange. You havent noticed ANY difference in acceleration, etc?

I'd try experimenting with the adjustments. Maybe change the spark and fuel commands by a few percent, to see if any difference is noted. As I'm guessing you know already, don't go too crazy.

chefalan23 03-24-2010 12:00 AM

i noticed a slight increase, but nothing substantial. maybe i need to throw a cai in the mix, if i can ever get my money back for the one that didnt fit. as for making adjustments in spark and fuel, im not touching it without a wideband. ill try and crank up the throttle sensitivity and see if that works.