13K views 45 replies 27 participants last post by  Shane 
#1 ·
Stock Photos

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Looks great! Any rubbing issues?

#6 ·
I purchased 2 sets of spacers cheap ebay. 1/4" and 1/8" i test fit the 1/8" 1st and no issues so the 1/4" got sent back. I had no need to do any cutting of the bolt and i have no rubbing, no robbing at all anywere! I just barley clear the calipers with the moabs but have had no issues at all.

The ride is excelent and feels more like a "jeep", but the you get as much tire noise as you woud expect with mt's, but i am ok with that.

This wk is new to me and i love it so far! Thanks to all on this site for the info and help thus far!

Attachments

#8 ·
awesome! i like the lift with the stock wheels

#10 ·
Looks good... Now throw some D's on that bitch!!! LOL J/K

#13 ·
That looks phenomenal. Why did you decide to go with OM Emu over other 2" lifts??

#14 ·
That looks phenomenal. Why did you decide to go with OM Emu over other 2" lifts??
Uh because OME is the shizznit and is the right decision to make when going with a 2" lift. It gives you a full suspension setup (awesome handling) and you can flex the hell out of a wk off road. Sorry for the rant.

*Bangs forehead on table for not going that route to begin with*

#15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpepper
Uh because OME is the shizznit and is the right decision to make when going with a 2" lift. It gives you a full suspension setup (awesome handling) and you can flex the hell out of a wk off road. Sorry for the rant.

*Bangs forehead on table for not going that route to begin with*

YEP That sums it up. What he said!

#18 ·
2" rough country lift is only $160 shipped so that is the cheapest budget lift, but your shocks will wear out rather quickly.

#19 ·
Ya I'm willing to spend some coin but w/ OME I couldn't justify 2" for the price (says my bank account).

#22 ·
I thought about going with budget lift but the stock rear shocks needed to be replaced any way, i am happy i went with the emu because the ride is super nice it much better than stock!!

#23 ·
Johnson- Ive heard the MD springs are actually a tad bit taller than the HD ones... If your doing light towing stick with the MD, the only reason to go with the HD in my opinion is if your doing some serious towing.

#25 ·
What part of the OME lift gives it it's great ride? The shocks or the springs? I already have bilsteins front and back so I don't need shocks.........

#26 · (Edited)
These are the pics I was waiting for. Seems you had 32,5" measured to the wheel opening. I checked mine (a 2005 3.0 CRD) . It seems
my
predecessor was a heavy guy, 'cause the jeep leans to the left by 1" . I have about 32" on the left side and 33" on the right side.
I will go for the 2" OME but I still don't know if MD or HD. I think as I don't carry a lot additional weight the MD is the one to go.... if I can find a distributor here in Germany.
What about the tire sizes... currently I have 245/65R17 and I would go for a tire a little taller.. but what about the bolt clearance with stock wheels..?

Harald

Attachments

#29 ·
Awesome Jeep,

I just purchased a 2006 Limited that looks exactly like yours on the exterior and I've got a 2" Rough Country lift sitting here and I'm waiting on tires. I didn't know what the lift would look like if I installed it without tires and now I do!

To be honest, it doesn't look half bad. Thanks for sharing the before and after photos!

I might just have to install my 2" lift this weekend.

#31 ·
nice...looks good!

#32 ·
Do the ball joints, bushings, steering and such get negatively affected with the Old Man Emu lift? I guess I'm not familiar enough with these IFS yet to think how detrimental just adding taller springs & shocks/struts would be to the rest of the angles...maybe 2 (or 3" actual) is not enough? I just don't want to have any issues with premature wear, driveline vibes and all that stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.