Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Facelifted GC (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/facelifted-gc-78353.html)

NeedaJeep 08-17-2014 11:11 AM

Facelifted GC

When can we expect a reveal of this Model? Id hate to buy one now only to see a new design in s few months.

MDBones 08-17-2014 11:19 AM

Re: Facelifted GC

The facelift is more than a few months away. MY 2017 isn't it?

You won't see anything for some time... and even then is no guarantee of the actual production version.

NeedaJeep 08-17-2014 11:22 AM

That's far enough for me. Thanks for the reply. These cars at getting like iPhones now. There's always going to be a "newer" model that could make the outgoing one loom dated.

I think for the most part I can be happy with the 2014 for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

MDBones 08-17-2014 11:25 AM

Buying a 14 or 15 now puts you in a great position to trade up to the new design in 2017 if you end up liking whatever it looks like.

2-3 years is pretty good trade timing. :)

LOL... I can remember when almost all makes and models were redesigned almost every model year. It was great looking forward to seeing the changes from one year to the next.

Marlon_JB2 08-17-2014 11:49 AM

A few months? Keep adding to that.

Are you worried about design or just drivetrain/engineering improvements?

NeedaJeep 08-17-2014 11:53 AM

Everything. This should actually be a complete overhaul. As the previous poster mentioned though I should be good in about 3 years for trade. Especially if I lease which I am seriously considering.

Scottina06 08-17-2014 11:54 AM

the GW will be the next Jeep you see in guise. I believe the first test mules are scheduled to be built sometime in August. Oh....it is august.....LOL

Marlon_JB2 08-17-2014 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeedaJeep (Post 1068660)
Everything. This should actually be a complete overhaul. As the previous poster mentioned though I should be good in about 3 years for trade. Especially if I lease which I am seriously considering.

You can always just buy after the lease if you don't like the new model or do not feel it's worth the trade.

I wouldn't *buy* right now at all.

balderic 08-17-2014 02:25 PM

I was under the impression that their would be a model refresh around the 3rd or 4th quarter of 2015. I saw that on the jeep timeline picture that was floating around somewhere on the forums a few weeks ago(can't seem to find it now), but it showed all of the current jeep models plus the wagoner and when they would be doing a model refresh and coming out with a new model. Was I just imagining that?

jgc4ever 08-17-2014 03:19 PM

2016 MY - refreshed interior and exterior
Order banks open - December 2015
Production startup - January 2016
Sales launch - February, 2016

2018 MY - All-new 5th generation Grand Cherokee

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/wk2_future.htm#16UPGRAND

balderic 08-17-2014 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marlon_JB2 (Post 1068664)
You can always just buy after the lease if you don't like the new model or do not feel it's worth the trade.

I wouldn't *buy* right now at all.

When would you buy? When the next generation comes out? Any particular reason you would hold off now?

Marlon_JB2 08-17-2014 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by balderic (Post 1068814)
When would you buy? When the next generation comes out? Any particular reason you would hold off now?

That link tells all. If you're worried about having the newest model, now is not the time, especially with another MCE coming just next year.