Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   What do people upgrade to from the SRT Jeep? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/what-do-people-upgrade-to-from-the-srt-jeep-78355.html)

darkom 08-17-2014 12:01 PM

What do people upgrade to from the SRT Jeep?
 
I see a lot of very lightly used SRT Jeeps for sale in the Metro Detroit and Chicago area. I was wondering what (you think) guys are jumping into when they leave SRT. I'd guess perhaps the new Tahoe, G-Wagon... but mostly the Porsche Cayenne and new Range Rover Sport? With reasons ranging from gas mileage to lack of attention their Jeep received? Then again, a lot of younger guys in this bracket change cars annually, so perhaps it's to be expected.

Scottina06 08-17-2014 12:02 PM

Re: What do people upgrade to from the SRT Jeep?
 
in that area of the country thye are factory demos, executives etc.

macfan 08-17-2014 12:29 PM

Re: What do people upgrade to from the SRT Jeep?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkom (Post 1068665)
I see a lot of very lightly used SRT Jeeps for sale in the Metro Detroit and Chicago area. I was wondering what (you think) guys are jumping into when they leave SRT. I'd guess perhaps the new Tahoe, G-Wagon... but mostly the Porsche Cayenne and new Range Rover Sport? With reasons ranging from gas mileage to lack of attention their Jeep received? Then again, a lot of younger guys in this bracket change cars annually, so perhaps it's to be expected.

I live between Detroit, Ann Arbor, and Flint. This area was and still is hit hard by the Recession. Detroit is officially bankrupt and Flint has all but declared bankruptcy. Buick City has been leveled. Many, many people if they are working are working for half of what they once were. Everybody and his brother has things for sale to try and tread water/stay afloat. If the HOA or city rules allow it several vehicles in yards and driveways with for sale signs. Also, several bank owned sales. I somewhat agree with Scott too but with my own parents having both worked for Chrysler I know Chrysler has their own private lots for test vehicles, company cars, show cars, demo units, etc for sale only to employees. GM is the one around here who tends to dispose of company cars publicly. Anyway, my point is this area's economy is devastated. Many people are now in over their heads and selling off their once prized vehicles just to meet everyday living expenses.

lastchance 08-17-2014 12:35 PM

Re: What do people upgrade to from the SRT Jeep?
 
I traded in my 14' for a 15' Yukon Denali and i missed my SRT jeep so much I already have a 15' GC SRT on order. It is one of the most enjoyable daily driver vehicles I have ever owned. This time around I will do a lot more modding to make it exactly how I want.

FHLH 08-17-2014 02:38 PM

Re: What do people upgrade to from the SRT Jeep?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lastchance (Post 1068676)
I traded in my 14' for a 15' Yukon Denali and i missed my SRT jeep so much I already have a 15' GC SRT on order. It is one of the most enjoyable daily driver vehicles I have ever owned. This time around I will do a lot more modding to make it exactly how I want.

That sounds like an expensive lesson :)

lastchance 08-17-2014 04:07 PM

Re: What do people upgrade to from the SRT Jeep?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FHLH (Post 1068699)
That sounds like an expensive lesson :)

Lol, the worst was the hit I took on the 14' SRT. It was one of the first 14's in the state and I paid MSRP (never have before), although I did great on the 11' Denali I traded in for the 14' SRT. I bought the 15' Denali below invoice and inventory is still low on them so I think the hit will be minimal. I was able to buy the 15' SRT well below invoice. I'm sure it seem crazy to some.

gnasty1521 08-17-2014 05:48 PM

Re: What do people upgrade to from the SRT Jeep?
 
I will hopefully be trading mine for a Hellcat Charger.

darkom 08-17-2014 07:52 PM

Re: What do people upgrade to from the SRT Jeep?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by macfan (Post 1068674)
I live between Detroit, Ann Arbor, and Flint. This area was and still is hit hard by the Recession. Detroit is officially bankrupt and Flint has all but declared bankruptcy. Buick City has been leveled. Many, many people if they are working are working for half of what they once were. Everybody and his brother has things for sale to try and tread water/stay afloat. If the HOA or city rules allow it several vehicles in yards and driveways with for sale signs. Also, several bank owned sales. I somewhat agree with Scott too but with my own parents having both worked for Chrysler I know Chrysler has their own private lots for test vehicles, company cars, show cars, demo units, etc for sale only to employees. GM is the one around here who tends to dispose of company cars publicly. Anyway, my point is this area's economy is devastated. Many people are now in over their heads and selling off their once prized vehicles just to meet everyday living expenses.

Tony enclaves in Oakland County and especially places like River North in Chicago are doing fine. Lots of younger guys making a killing in Chicago right now.

I think a lot of hotshot guys want the latest and greatest, and it's like a competition in the office to change cars. The facelifted Cayenne and new Range Rovers, classic and Sport, are the hot new trucks right now.

392ci Animal 08-17-2014 09:28 PM

Re: What do people upgrade to from the SRT Jeep?
 
If I had to choose (and also had the coinage available to do so:D) .... I would probably go a ML63 with the factory AMG performance pack at 410kw (550HP+).... or go the Rangie SC with 375kw (500HP+)
The ML63 is a wicked beast and it sounds awesome & brilliant custom AMG finishes but I would consider that G63 I saw on Top Gear , now that is a Scrotum Buster that motherphecker

Wouldn't spit on a BMW and the same goes with the Touareg triplets (read Q7 & Cayenne)

BMW is a piece of yuppie crap & ugly as a hat full of crack skanks - just my opinion folks

JeffL 08-18-2014 08:01 AM

Re: What do people upgrade to from the SRT Jeep?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gnasty1521 (Post 1068827)
I will hopefully be trading mine for a Hellcat Charger.

remove the word hopefully and change charger to challenger and that's my plan.

Tibault 08-18-2014 08:30 AM

Re: What do people upgrade to from the SRT Jeep?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 392ci Animal (Post 1068985)
BMW is a piece of yuppie crap & ugly as a hat full of crack skanks

The mental image of this is just priceless. hah! :lol:

A-kon 08-18-2014 08:46 AM

Re: What do people upgrade to from the SRT Jeep?
 
Some couldn't afford it, most are habitual car buyers. As another mentioned, always buying the latest and greatest. Jeep had a lot of cross shopper for a short time, but I'm sure the lack of snob factory pulled them back into the German and British brands. They claim "quality" but I know their real motive.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community