Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   My GC Story - First Post (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/my-gc-story-first-post-78646.html)

Denver_Jeep 08-25-2014 12:33 AM

My GC Story - First Post

5 Attachment(s)
I am a newish member and finally decided to post my first post.

Here we go... ever since Jeep released the new body style of the Grand Cherokee, I have been in love and knew I wanted to get one some day. Didn't think I would be in a position to buy one until I was in a horrible rollover accident (no other vehicles involved), resulting from hitting black ice on the highway last December (pic below).

I previously owned a bright silver '99 4runnner that I loved and appreciated the forums to help with the many modifications and general information when needed. After getting my GC I was happy to find there was the same if not better following for the WK2's.

Naturally I fell in love with the Bright Silver GC. It is the Laredo V6 3.6l, but came with the Quadra-Trac terrain control, rearview camera, full nav system, 18inch wheels, skid plates, front tow hooks, and leather interior. Was too good a deal to pass up.

Since getting my GC back in April I have already added a Airraid CAI and just removed the chrome side mouldings (soon to be replaced by the Grand Cherokee lettering).

The CAI install was a breeze with no hiccups. The sound is not any deeper at idle or normal speeds. It's got a decent growl at WOT. Haven't noticed a significant difference in my MPG.

Removing the chrome mouldings went smoothly as well. It definitely is nerve racking at first, but like others have posted, it is very straightforward with most annoying part was removing the residue. I love how it looks already, but think the addition of the lettering will top it off.

Next up is potentially getting a Sharkfin antenna or converting the current single exhaust to a dual. Eventually I will need new tires, but no real urgency for that.

Thanks for checking out my post!

Attachment 44882

Airraid kit out of the box:
Attachment 44878

CAI installed:
Attachment 44879

Chrome moulding removal (before):
Attachment 44880

Chrome moulding removal (after):
Attachment 44881

Sent from my iPad using JeepGarage

Sons of Thunder 08-25-2014 11:26 AM

Re: My GC Story - First Post

Welcome to the forum! Now what other mods do you have to show? :D

GBJeep 08-25-2014 02:32 PM

Welcome & great color choice!!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

04JGCLMTD47 08-26-2014 12:16 AM

Welcome!

AAAA 08-26-2014 07:44 AM

Nice work.

Dabitz 08-26-2014 09:29 AM

That must have been scary. I'm definitively getting winter tires this season.