Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   HID Xenon & required accesories (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/hid-xenon-and-required-accesories-7872.html)

sogard 03-25-2010 12:57 PM

HID Xenon & required accesories

Hello.

I would like to install on my Grand Cherokee 2008 3.0 CRD HID Xenon after market. Buying headlights with miganifying glass and then install the HIDs.

As far as I know in Europe it is legal to drive with xenon only if you have autoleveling and also healights washers.

I found out some material about installing autoleveling A.M. but nothing about the washers.

Can anyone tell me if it possible to install headlights washers A.M. ?

thank you very much !

White WK Swagga 03-25-2010 01:01 PM

Re: HID Xenon & required accesories

I know the euro model WK's have headlight washers. Not in the US no trim model has them not even SRT or Overland. and what do you mean magnified glass? And as far as I know only projectors have auto leveling.

SvenskaJeepGuy 03-25-2010 01:16 PM

in europe you have to have auto leveling projectors for HIDs

Scottina06 03-25-2010 01:20 PM

the auto leveling and washers are not really needed

maxst2 03-25-2010 03:56 PM

magnifying glass = projector lens

robpp 03-25-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 176370)
the auto leveling and washers are not really needed

the OP is saying its mandatory in his country though. thats why he is asking if he can install it.

hey OP, in the US, we are just installing them WITHOUT the auto-leveling as lots of us are doing this to pre 08 models.

I dont recall ever seeing anyone say they added the autolevelers. not saying it cannot be done, just saying I dont recall seeing anyone do this.

sogard 03-25-2010 04:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
when i am saying " headlights with magnifying glass " i am refering to this one like in the picture attached ( sorry for not knowing the technical definition )

i can also install it without autoleveling but in europe countries you get a fine if they find you with xenon without washers and autoleveling , that is why i am asking if you know somewhere where i can buy the parts for this 2 accesories and the operations needed to install them.

Scottina06 03-25-2010 04:52 PM

your gonna need the complete wiring harness for the jeep to add those things...unless you want to just rig them up somehow. You'd also need the front bumper with the washers and parts. My guess is...it would be cheaper in the long run to just trade to a Jeep with the oem HID lamps with autoleveling and washers.

robpp 03-25-2010 05:35 PM

he may have the harnesses for both since he's an export model and an 08??? IDK. ......

best bet is to find a dealer over there.....like the UK......since they deal with washers and HIDs on every one. dealers here wont be able to source things that arent sold here......

or try our buddies over at justforjeeps.com see if they might help you............

Scottina06 03-25-2010 06:09 PM

HID's are not plug and play on any Jeep but those that they they come on. The harnesses are different...export or US made. I guess you could connect the headlight washer system to the windshield washer system and every time you wash your windshiel...you wash your lamps????

sogard 03-25-2010 06:21 PM

thank you guys. I will go and talk to a dealer in my country.

Scottina06 03-25-2010 06:41 PM

where are you bro? I will warn you.....they are expensive here...over $1k for both.