Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   using srt manis on 5.7 who did it? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/using-srt-manis-on-5-7-who-did-it-7883.html)

hemi.jon 03-25-2010 05:14 PM

using srt manis on 5.7 who did it?

i know people have talked about using the SRT manis on the 5.7L, has anyone actually done it? im looking to find SRT headers used but i would like to know in advance if the 5.7L "box" port fits within the SRT's "D" shape.

so did anyone actually try the SRT manis? or was it all talk and myth?

robpp 03-25-2010 05:30 PM

Re: using srt manis on 5.7 who did it?

t and m

check the lx guys. i have seen threads about it over there.

Mike_Levy 03-25-2010 06:07 PM

The LX guys do it all the time.

hemi.jon 03-25-2010 06:08 PM

hm..cool. thanks

pjs1965 03-25-2010 06:28 PM

It works. There's some differences that you need to account for in shape etc but that's more a gasket issue. There's also something that plugs in there (EGT?). I don't recall but LX has the info and pics.

hemi.jon 03-25-2010 06:31 PM

shapes not a big deal for me, as long as the D doesnt overlap the port on the head it doesnt matter. the EGR will be simple, BT makes a plug for it, just gotta tune to erase the trouble code..or find a way to fool the electronics

John_R 03-25-2010 07:46 PM

I know what you're gonna buy :D wish I had the money and I would make them work, he he.

I am debating on looking for SRT8 manifolds or go all out and try some SRT headers, being they are more common than the 5.7, it seems (from quick search)? I can't seem to find a price on the manifold though...anybody know? Nice thing about manifolds is for the smog nazis here in CA; they'd never know what's different, lol.

pjs1965 03-25-2010 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemi.jon (Post 176595)
shapes not a big deal for me, as long as the D doesnt overlap the port on the head it doesnt matter. the EGR will be simple, BT makes a plug for it, just gotta tune to erase the trouble code..or find a way to fool the electronics

My bad, I was thinking exhaust manifold for some reason not the intake manifold. I'm not certain on the intake side. My bad.

People have done SRT8 headers on a 5.7 on the LX side so I don't see why it wouldn't work on the Jeep. At that point, you can go with an entire SRT8 exhaust setup right?

Mike_Levy 03-25-2010 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjs1965 (Post 176738)
My bad, I was thinking exhaust manifold for some reason not the intake manifold. I'm not certain on the intake side. My bad.

People have done SRT8 headers on a 5.7 on the LX side so I don't see why it wouldn't work on the Jeep. At that point, you can go with an entire SRT8 exhaust setup right?

He's talking about the exhaust manis.

The intake requires serious work on the early 5.7s. The late ones work with almost no mods though. In fact, I had looked at putting the new 5.7 mani on my 6.1 because its plastic and won't heat soak, and only flows a couple cfm less. The down side is, you can't really port plastic so good (it melts when you grind it), so you can't increase the flow. Thats why I went with the Inertia 6.1 mani instead, though I wish I'd have gone with the XV.

hemi.jon 03-26-2010 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjs1965 (Post 176738)
At that point, you can go with an entire SRT8 exhaust setup right?

thanks all..ill prob give it a shot, but no i dont want an entire SRT exhaust. i got other plans..SRTs are to quiet for me

Mike_Levy 03-26-2010 01:18 AM

Borla S. :)

amw5 03-26-2010 08:22 AM

I'm going with an '09 Eagle intake manifold...has ports not unlike that of the 6.1L...flows just as good and it is plastic! I have a phenolic spacer that mates the 5.7L head ports to the intake manifold ports. Crank This Performance also makes a spacer for this application. I just bought the Stainlessworks catback with true x-pipe to mate up to my AR headers. I'm hoping to get into the shop for the install in the next couple of weeks.

I'll let you all know how it performs. I'm going to put in the billet TC from Builder Bill prior to installing the modified valve body to see how each performs sepparately. If all goes well, these items will be available from Paramount Performance (Bill), for I am one of two test mules for the 545RFE.