Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/)
-   -   Frustrated over the stereo system (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/frustrated-over-the-stereo-system-7958.html)

DJ4rmTX 03-28-2010 01:47 PM

Frustrated over the stereo system

So me and Downstate worked on putting the system in the jeep last night, and the end result is just being frustrated. We did the majority of the work ourselves, and things look good. But I took the jeep to cartoys to have them install the cleansweep (sound processor). Things aren't working right and I can't seem to pinpoint the problem. So I guess I'll just leave it be for now. I think the guy from cartoys didn't install it correctly but I'm not sure. I guess I'll take it somewhere to get it looked at.:mad:

Chuck 03-28-2010 02:21 PM

Re: Frustrated over the stereo system

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ4rmTX (Post 177838)
So me and Downstate worked on putting the system in the jeep last night, and the end result is just being frustrated. We did the majority of the work ourselves, and things look good. But I took the jeep to cartoys to have them install the cleansweep (sound processor). Things aren't working right and I can't seem to pinpoint the problem. So I guess I'll just leave it be for now. I think the guy from cartoys didn't install it correctly but I'm not sure. I guess I'll take it somewhere to get it looked at.:mad:

Why not have cartoys look into again since they originally installed it? But sorry to hear and I hpe you get it figured out without too much hassle.

downstate 03-28-2010 02:53 PM

pics of the custom tweeters!

yup the one thing we can't do, pay someone to do it and they fawk it up :/

you going today to have them look it over?

99limited 03-28-2010 03:31 PM

what is it doing/not doing?

Matt 03-28-2010 05:00 PM

Do have any pics of where they interfaced with the signal?

What exactly is the problem... a little more details and I can try to help.

DJ4rmTX 03-30-2010 02:23 PM

The front right woofer isn't doing anything, the master volume control knob isn't controlling the volume, and the speakers sound like they're clipping when the volume goes past 13. I'm just gonna take it to cartoys on friday.

Matt 03-30-2010 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ4rmTX (Post 179206)
The front right woofer isn't doing anything, the master volume control knob isn't controlling the volume, and the speakers sound like they're clipping when the volume goes past 13. I'm just gonna take it to cartoys on friday.

Hmm. I'm pretty sure you have to use the JL volume control knob that comes with the CleanSweep (pretty sure).

Sounds like they half-assed the install, I'd go back, ask to speak to the highest ranking person, and calmly raise hell.

White WK Swagga 03-30-2010 03:27 PM

Matt = My audio/electronics advisor!!!

Matt 03-30-2010 03:29 PM

Nate = My BITCH!!!

White WK Swagga 03-30-2010 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 179234)
Nate = My #1 BITCH!!!

Fixed!!!! :thumbsup::lol:

Chuck 03-30-2010 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 179234)
Nate = My BITCH!!!

OWNED!! :lol:

Matt 03-30-2010 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White WK Swagga (Post 179235)
Fixed!!!! :thumbsup::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: