Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Got stuck in the Georgia Red Clay (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/got-stuck-in-the-georgia-red-clay-8032.html)

eerattler 03-30-2010 12:34 PM

Got stuck in the Georgia Red Clay

Hey Folks, I got stuck in a major way yesterday on a red clay road in the middle of nowhere, GA. My right side was deep into mud about 20 inches.

We got towed out and then drove safely back to Atlanta, about a 3 hour drive.

I experienced no problems but I am going to take it into the dealer to have them look at the undercarriage to be safe.

What other questions should I be asking when I go in?

Thanks for your help and I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong place.

Scottina06 03-30-2010 12:40 PM

Re: Got stuck in the Georgia Red Clay

I wouldnt take it to the dealer bro. They will flag you on future warranty repairs. Let a trsued shop take a look

robpp 03-30-2010 12:49 PM

i would pay attention to sensors that were exposed or buried in mud. in each wheel well you can find the abs sensors, tpms things. i would look at those but reality is they would throw a cel if they were harmed.

White WK Swagga 03-30-2010 01:00 PM

I'd clean the outside of the exhaust pipes/muffler GOOD with a hose cause the smell of burning mud will stick around for weeks. Also Check around the spare, rear bumper and rocker pannels for mud. Was weeks before I got all that sh*t out from 1 little offroading trip

eerattler 03-30-2010 03:17 PM

Thanks everyone!!! One last question kinda OT. I searched Mopar for the chrome clad wheels, but I don't need a new wheel, I need the chrome clad piece off of a wheel. Where is a good place to search?

HemiDawg 03-30-2010 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eerattler (Post 179116)
What other questions should I be asking when I go in?

Will you wash it for me??? :D

HemiDawg 03-30-2010 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eerattler (Post 179226)
Thanks everyone!!! One last question kinda OT. I searched Mopar for the chrome clad wheels, but I don't need a new wheel, I need the chrome clad piece off of a wheel. Where is a good place to search?

Check your spare - mine had one when I had those wheels. Matter of fact, I still have it up under there.

1 GRAND 03-30-2010 08:40 PM

When I get in sticky mud with my zj I normally just drive it through the river a few times. You may or may not want to do that.

Scottina06 03-31-2010 12:44 AM

I dont think you can buy just the chrome plasticc piece......yuor gonna have to buy the entire wheel

1 GRAND 03-31-2010 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 179676)
I dont think you can buy just the chrome plasticc piece......yuor gonna have to buy the entire wheel

I thought I was on to something, but it is chrome covers for non limited wheels.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/hot-chrome-...uestid=4254762

LTrainGC 03-31-2010 07:10 AM

Scott is right - the chrome cladding isn't removable/replaceable. If you need to replace a section of the chrome cladding you are going to have to buy a new wheel.

White WK Swagga 03-31-2010 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1 GRAND (Post 179518)
When I get in sticky mud with my zj I normally just drive it through the river a few times. You may or may not want to do that.

That's what I did after offroading. Make sure it's fresh water tho....

Smell of burning mud was killing me....