Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Headliner Rattle!!!!! SOO ANNOYING!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/headliner-rattle-soo-annoying-8039.html)

scoops 03-30-2010 05:16 PM

Headliner Rattle!!!!! SOO ANNOYING!!

I have an 05 WK. I love my car. Except there is a little demon hiding in the headliner. I swear its a little like knock you know like when you hit a spring and it goes tack tack tack tack tack tack super fast...its like a loose piece of plastic is rattling in there. I know its in there because if i press up against the headliner it stops..i can hear it when its quiet or when my volume isn't at 18. Any one who can help let me know!

JDubya 03-30-2010 05:57 PM

Re: Headliner Rattle!!!!! SOO ANNOYING!!

Take it off and see what's up. If it isn't something you can just "fix", put some insulation/foam/rubber up there.

NHWK05 03-30-2010 09:16 PM

I have the same issue it makes me insane! its right over your head when driving.

Chaoul1 03-30-2010 09:20 PM

Becareful if your taking it off. Check if you have the Side AirBags. Make sure you unplug the battery or else BANG! In the head Lol.

hemi.jon 03-30-2010 11:30 PM

the only noise i had in my headline was the rear tv. i loosened it and bumped it slightly and then tightened it back up, no more noise

Scottina06 03-31-2010 12:34 AM

yep....do you have thee rear VES?

SilverLimited 03-31-2010 07:38 AM

Same problem on my 05 for a couple of years, haven't found out what it is yet. Comes and goes. Sounds like its just over my left shoulder at the top of the rear drivers side door. So far one of the few things on a Jeep that doesn't seem to want to fail "hard" so you can finally fix it.

Black Ops Auto Works 03-31-2010 07:59 AM

Their is a couple of magnets attached to the headliner around the sunroof may be they came loose from the glue that holds them to the headliner it's a long shot but that's the only thing I can think of that could be rattling up their I've taken mine out their is not much up their.

White WK Swagga 03-31-2010 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odvious (Post 179716)
Their is a couple of magnets attached to the headliner around the sunroof may be they came loose from the glue that holds them to the headliner it's a long shot but that's the only thing I can think of that could be rattling up their I've taken mine out their is not much up their.

X2 I was going to say the same thing...

scoops 03-31-2010 03:50 PM

thanks for all the help..like silverlimited said..its not annoying enough to rip out the headliner..i have no idea what im doing with all that jazz! im glad im not the only one with the problem..and scotty i dont have rear VES :( just yet ahaaaa ;-)

wkearney99 04-05-2010 07:56 AM

Not that it's related, but one annoying squeak I managed to find was the underside edge of the door handle rubbing against the door panel. It'd only squeak when I had my leg against the handle, but only at a certain postition. I haven't fixed it yet, just learned not to bump up against the handle anymore.

onorok 04-11-2010 11:55 AM

I had the headliner squeak a couple of weeks ago. It was right above my right shoulder next to the sunroof. I looked and could tell the driver side part of the headliner was much lower than the passenger side, I pushed up with force and it has stopped the rattle. It didn't click or anything, so I'm not sure If I fixed it, but applying pressure on the headliner definitely helped.

Did anyone ever find out what the cause of this was?