Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/)
-   -   Dipstick Needs HID Help (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/dipstick-needs-hid-help-8063.html)

ALombardi 03-31-2010 10:01 AM

Dipstick Needs HID Help

I have the 4100K silverstars but I guess it'd be nice to get some HID's for the highs and the fogs.

I have heard XenonDepot is a good place to get them from as well as Baja.

I'm kinda unsure WTF I'll need to buy? Anyone able to shed some light on this for me.

I like more of the "white" color versus the white-blue tint. Probably somewhere in the area of like 5000-6000 but... again... dipstick here.

Thanks in advance for the input guys!!

Chaoul1 03-31-2010 10:05 AM

Re: Dipstick Needs HID Help

I would go with 5k. I use to like the blue color on HID's but to me it's a little too much and plus I can see a lot better now that I have 5k.

Scottina06 03-31-2010 10:08 AM

4300K is what is oem on most vehicles....its a bright white. Im getting ready to put the 4300K Xenondepot Xtreme kit in my fogs. IMHO.......the Xenondepot xtreme kit is the BEST in the world----hands down!

White WK Swagga 03-31-2010 10:11 AM

5k-6k FTW!!!

IDK about HID highs cause it takes a few seconds for the bulb to heat up to full brightness. And HID's aren't good for flashing on and off. It shortens the lifespan. And depending on what kit you have you can't turn the hid higs off and back on you have to wait a min or so. Most cars with HID Highs use bi-HID's that use the same bulb with some mechanism that adjust the light pattern for highs. My X5 had that setup and had the inner bulb as a halogen high to flash with.

ALombardi 03-31-2010 10:11 AM

Does XD or BAJA offer a 5K HID highs kit and a 5K HID fogs kit?

again, Nate, I know nothing about lights.

I prefer the white color versus the white-blue or yellow... hence why I went with the 4300K silverstars.

I want to see some WK's with 5K-6K highs and lows.

I've thought about doing 6K high and 5K fogs...

I currently have the OEM fogs and bulbs with the 4100K... i like the look of both of them on together... so I might continued to keep the temperature different

White WK Swagga 03-31-2010 10:13 AM

All the same kit just a matter of what bulbs and if you need relays or not. WK's use 9006 for lows and 9005 for highs. Fogs I'm not sure.

Chaoul1 03-31-2010 10:13 AM

YUP! They both do!

ALombardi 03-31-2010 10:18 AM

Someone should be awesome and set up an HID kit Xenon Depot parts list / order for me.

I'll snail-mail you $5 haha

If you do...

I want an HID kit for lows... 6K temp

and an HID kit for fogs... 5K temp

Also any relays I may need

Scottina06 03-31-2010 10:24 AM

PM member xenondepot...... or go to xenondepot.com But without the JG discount...thyre gonna run you $400 for two Xtreme kits plus shipping. Some people go with the xtreme kit in the lows and the volt kit for the fogs. The fogs are 9145 or H10 by the way. The volt kit is $99...but doesnt include relays if you want the fogs relayed.

White WK Swagga 03-31-2010 10:24 AM

Why not HID for your lows? Trust me it'll be more practical to have HID lows than Highs!!!

ALombardi 03-31-2010 10:26 AM

I meant lows... thank you. Edited.

Scott... price isnt too much of an issue. Payweek. ^_^

I just told frankie I want a hoodie and a tshirt as well as 4 stickers from Rob.

Good paycheck coming in Friday.... REAL good. so... I'm excited haha.

White WK Swagga 03-31-2010 10:30 AM

OK now lows are going to run you $75. more than highs.... LOL J/K

So you want 4300/4500k lows and fogs?
I believe your year WK only needs relays for the lows. Fogs you should be ok w/o relays but see what Xenon depot has to say. I have Baja kits and they work well. But IMO XD is more premium brand. But if you're on a budget and just want HID's than go Baja. If you have the $ than splurge on XD's.