Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/)
-   -   What should i get for my 4.7 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/what-should-i-get-for-my-4-7-a-8124.html)

02 WJ 4.7 V8 04-01-2010 10:52 PM

What should i get for my 4.7
 
Hey guys im new to this so help me out im looking for some good upgrades for my car. im mostly looking for performance upgrades that arent too expensive but they work great right now i have a sick cold air intake which i love. also any exterior add on that you guys like just tell me and show me a website or something

thanks for the help

Robert Palmer 04-01-2010 11:03 PM

Re: What should i get for my 4.7
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 02 WJ 4.7 V8 (Post 180923)
right now i have a sick cold air intake


That intake of yours is doing more harm than good. While there are no true CAI's for the 4.7 WJ yet, this one that you are running is located in the worst possible spot (top of the engine) and is made out of metal. You need to switch that out for a plastic K&N intake with a dry filter.

JMO

02 WJ 4.7 V8 04-01-2010 11:16 PM

Re: What should i get for my 4.7
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Palmer (Post 180928)
That intake of yours is doing more harm than good. While there are no true CAI's for the 4.7 WJ yet, this one that you are running is located in the worst possible spot (top of the engine) and is made out of metal. You need to switch that out for a plastic K&N intake with a dry filter.

JMO

thanks man ill be sure to change that up.. i was also thinking about porting my throttle body would you think that would be a good thing to do to get more MPG and HP?

Robert Palmer 04-01-2010 11:20 PM

Re: What should i get for my 4.7
 
The HP gain would be minimal but every little bit adds up.

What I would recommend for you is some tuning. Whether it be Superchips or SCT. I am not experienced with SCT or Superchips since I have not used it (I have only used Diablo but they do not make anything for the 4.7).

While it will be a couple hundred for the tuning, IMO it is worth it.

02 WJ 4.7 V8 04-01-2010 11:27 PM

Re: What should i get for my 4.7
 
i was actuallly looking for a tuning chip but before i do that i would add on an exhaust because some of the chips are supposed to be used when the car has modifications

Robert Palmer 04-01-2010 11:35 PM

Re: What should i get for my 4.7
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 02 WJ 4.7 V8 (Post 180934)
i was actuallly looking for a tuning chip but before i do that i would add on an exhaust because some of the chips are supposed to be used when the car has modifications

No they dont. You can get the programmer at anytime you want.

As far as exhaust, I would recommend a KOLAK exhaust. Mario has one on his WJ and it sounds really great on a 4.7. Not obnoxiously loud but has the aggressive tone it needs.

02 WJ 4.7 V8 04-02-2010 09:57 PM

Re: What should i get for my 4.7
 
thanks man

FlyinRyan 04-04-2010 10:25 AM

Re: What should i get for my 4.7
 
Go to Summit Racing and get their 3" exhaust. Same design, less hassle. You can swap out the muffler that comes with it with one of your preference.

02 WJ 4.7 V8 04-06-2010 10:33 PM

Re: What should i get for my 4.7
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleepy4.7 (Post 182083)
Go to Summit Racing and get their 3" exhaust. Same design, less hassle. You can swap out the muffler that comes with it with one of your preference.

thanks bro do you have a website i could go too?

FlyinRyan 04-07-2010 08:36 AM

Re: What should i get for my 4.7
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 02 WJ 4.7 V8 (Post 183933)
thanks bro do you have a website i could go too?

I do not. If you can't find what you're looking for in the vendor subforum, just pm me. There's some pics of my work in the frp group buy thread on page 10.

Forced Induction 04-07-2010 10:10 AM

Re: What should i get for my 4.7
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleepy4.7 (Post 182083)
Go to Summit Racing and get their 3" exhaust. Same design, less hassle. You can swap out the muffler that comes with it with one of your preference.

Hey Ryan, I didn't know summit made a 3" system for the 4.7. I'm gonna have to check that out. Thanks for the info.

FlyinRyan 04-07-2010 10:39 AM

Re: What should i get for my 4.7
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Forced Induction (Post 184166)
Hey Ryan, I didn't know summit made a 3" system for the 4.7. I'm gonna have to check that out. Thanks for the info.

I don't like to talk smack about other vendors considering I am one, but ill never deal with kolak again. I had a real bad experience with him, and so have a few of my friends.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community